Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't you be doing something Scooter??? :rolleyes: (LOL)

I like your plumbing design...Kind of reminds me of Nikki's which I think is a great way to get great coverage...Now go and do what you are supposed to be doing:p

Set in place!

:D :D Well It is here, after a long time planning, lots of questions, sweat & tears, it has made it home:)
Why does everything look so small when you take pictures???:?: :?: :?:

Ahhh! It's a nano cube!! :eek: Is that water I see in that tank?? Are you trying to add fish already???(LOL) Just kidding:p Looks great man...Very nice...Is your wife finally seeing the picture and how everything's coming together or is she still cussing you as she watches the money go out the door??(LOL) Can't wait man...Take your time with it, but at the same time, hurry up!:)

LOL!!! Krish .
can i go swimming now :D :lol:.
nice pictures dood now let's hurry.... the corals are getting angry:p.

Boy that looks great sitting up there on the stand. I will stay tuned to this channel to see what happens next :D

Tom

Spent $176 just on bulk heads today! Whew I still need to spend another r $160 on ball valves & Loc line :(
Good note I finally installed the Oak Bottom, sad after all the finishing I did on it, that it is covered by tank! :oops: I used a six foot level today in the room because something was off, the floor seems to be sloping slightly, the tank is still within the lines but it could be better, I guess I may need to shim the bottom about 3/32" or 1/8th inch, not fun:cry:

Plumbing update!

More I thought about it I decided to work on the flow design again.
Any thoughts? To view the drawing you must open in a full window otherwise parts of the drawing gets clipped.

That looks good as well. Almost similar to the first drawing with good top and bottom coverage...I guess when you think of it, the rocks, corals etc will change the flow pattern in the end anyways...

Some plumbing for Scooter!

Ok here is the CL design I came up for my tank, now it is Judgement day, need some input & thoughts before I drill this weekend!:p Sorry AutoCad doesn't convert well, try & open it in a full window to get a better details.

Tank_Plumbing.gif

That looks fine to me. Have you seen the intake screens that we made for Todd's and my tanks? We both had several tangs and other fish killed by the standard strainer type of screen. I will have to take a pic if you havn't seen it, they are real easy to make and they make a huge difference.

No BigT I haven't, that is why I didn't order them, these parts are expensive to say the least, so yes I'd really like to see that.
What do you think about the sump return through the overflow idea?

When I went home for lunch I was checking things out & found the the two upper middle CL returns was semi blocked by the center overflow, so I decided to move them over about 3 inches! :idea: So what about this?:?:

Looks real nice. Definatly think about true unions on all your valves so your not stuck with useless valves (like me) a year down the road.

Don

Was thinking maybe using Gate valves but they tend to be big, any ideas where to get good balls valves or gate vales?

mattseattle said:
what do you mean Don?

All ball valves will get stiff or freeze up with all the calcium build-up. True union valves can be removed for cleaning or replacement. Mine are not and are all frozen. I would have to tear down my tank and redo my entire cl to fix the valves.

Don

So getting high quality ball valves won't help much right? DonW is this true for gate valves? One more question, if I get tru-union ball valves & it is all plumbed up with water in the tank, I would still have to drain the tank to clean them right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back