SEA-MAX 2011 in Seattle, WA!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MadMax

Promoter
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's getting VERY close...are you excited yet?!!!

SEAMAXTFHAdC.jpg

38-Second SEA-MAX Promotional Video

Grounds Map of the Seattle Center

SeattleCenterMap-1.jpg

Current SEA-MAX 2011 Floorplan

exhibitionhallA.jpg

SEA-MAX 2011 Speaker's Schedule (lecture titles pending):

Speaker #1:
- Saturday 12:00 PM: James Fatherree (Sponsored by SeaChem)
Speaker #2:
- Saturday 02:00 PM: Bob Fenner (WetWebMedia.com)
Speaker #3:
- Saturday 04:00 PM: Dr. Timothy Hovanec (Dr. Tim's Aquatics)

Speaker #4:
- Sunday 12:00 PM: Mark Vera (Aquatech/PhytoII)
Speaker #5:
- Sunday 02:00 PM: Mark Callahan (MrSaltWaterTank.com)
Speaker #6:
- Sunday 04:00 PM: Patrick Foster (ReefWholesale/Canada)

SEA-MAX webpage and hotel link (scroll to bottom)

SEA-MAX 2011

Please do not forget to book your hotel room ASAP as there are limited accomodations

Thank you to everyone who made this venture possible!
SEA-MAX Staff

Last edited:
Awesome! I've heard some of these names, read some of their books...lol. Some, I've not heard of. Is it possible to give us a lil' bio on each? Any ideas yet, what their speaking topics will be?

Nevermind...lol. I see from the website that bios will probably be included soon. http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/attendee/speakers/Speakers.html

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm currently reading one of Bob Fenner's books. I'll be requesting that day off of work this week.

Thanks Guys and Gals,
More detailed Speaker information will indeed be forthcoming soon.

on a different note....
I KNOW there are more saltwater fish stores in/near the Seattle WA area that should be exhibiting at SEA-MAX. Where are they? Let's get these people on board.
We are less than two months out, so please refer as many stores to this thread as possible. THEY have the most to gain from this show for gosh sakes!

Angie just booked our room!

A couple of questions, regarding club booth set up and such. Just trying to iron out some details, in advance.

Looking at the schedule, of the California event, it looks like participants are scheduled to set up their booth between noon and 8PM, on Friday. Will this be the same schedule for SeaMax? During the set up and break down, how close will we be able to park vehicles? Just trying to plan ahead for the best way to transport livestock. If needed, we'll put our stuff in a rolling cooler and roll it over, from the hotel...lol. Other options would include a rolling hand cart, or other such forms of transportation...lol

Attendance tickets? Do participating club members get a free entry pass or do we still need to pay the entrance fees?

Oh, just thought of another question...lol.

Will there be Wifi available?

All club contact personnel on record were sent detailed SEA-MAX updates, both from our decorator and directly from us, but I will try and answer some of the questions here as well.
Friday Setup: Yes, Friday from Noon to 8PM
Parking: Parking for SEA-MAX will be in the parking garage directly across the street from Exhibit Hall: SEA-MAX drops offs will be allowed closer to the venue at the service entrance however this is for very brief moments only as there are over 40 exhibitors needing to do the same. The Seattle Center is responsible for coordinating and directing parking arrangements on the day of.
Rolling Coolers are indeed a great idea for both exhibitors and ESPECIALLY attendees. We will have a limited number of rolling carts available to lend exhibitors during setup on a first-come-first-served basis.
TWO ID passes are included with every booth, including the donated club booths. All exhibitor ID passes are personalized and not transferable; strict security measures are in place for the protection of our exhibitors.
Up to two additional ID passes (per booth) may be purchased from the show organizers. All others are to pay for thier own admission tickets either via Presale or at the box office the day of.
Those club members who volunteer for the entire day will of course have their tickets comped for that day however this must be arranged ahead of time by contacting us no later than June 30, 2011

Official List of Exhibitors as of 6-11-2011
22 Manufacturers
13 Livestock Dealers
4 Hobby Clubs
and a half dozen others

WHO ISN'T GOING TO SEA-MAX BOTH DAYS???

WebBannerPage4.jpg

SEAMAX20111017x142.jpg

Deadlines coming up!

Hotel:
Please note that there are only a few days left to book your room at the Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Lake Union and get the discounted group rate and other perks associated with our room block. The initial cutoff date has passed however the hotel staff have elected to extend the offer for one additional week, until July 8, 2011. Please go to the bottom of the SEA-MAX web page and book directly from our websit to qualify.

FYI,
- We now have more frags, corals, fish, inverts, and other livestock available for sale than you've EVER seen in one place! Over a dozen livestock dealers are at SEA-MAX
- You won't believe the thousands and thousands of dollars worth of raffle prizes we will be raffling off both saturday and Sunday. FAR too many to list here (seriously)
- Don't forget our very popular, signature 8-foot Children's Touch Tank at SEA-MAX, complete with plenty of marine animals for your youngster to get aquainted with.
- There is also a children's contest both days not to mention face-painters and balloon artists, etc. We will even have a "Flying Over SEA-MAX" Paper airplane contest!
- We have no less than 6 great speakers (three per day) to share with you their vast knowlegde and experiences. Now see Bob Fenner BOTH days!
- SEA-MAX is a very FAMILY FRIENDLY event, so bring the entire crew! Remember that kids 12 and under are admitted absolutely FREE at SEA-MAX!
These are just a few of the great reasons NOT TO MISS this unprecented event! July 23 and 24, 2011 at the Seattle Center - Exhibit Hall, 305 Harrison Drive, Seattle, WA.

Pre-Sale Discount Tickets:
Discounted Pre-sale Tickets ($5 off) are only available through July 15, 2011, and then its cutoff due to crew travel time to Seattle. Paypal or Credit Card and two ticket minimum. Contact us at: [email protected] (each ticket is good for one day admission)

We'll see you all at SEA-MAX!

Unfortunately me. :( I have to co-lead a cubscout hike on Saturday

Bring them ALL to the SEA-MAX event for a field trip!

1) They will all get in for free (kids 12 & under are free)

2) They will learn far more from our 8-foot Children's Marine Animal Touch Tank than some dirt trail picking up polywags and pine cones.
How many kids get to pick up and feel brittle stars, starfish, hermit crabs, seasnails, and other inverts as well as pet a baby shark and searay? (debarbed of course)

3) Experiences like this is what inspires and plants the seed for future hobbyists and Marine Biologists!

Be the leader that mattered

Back