SEA-MAX 2011 in Seattle, WA!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks good I am actually looking forward to this. Hope to see alot of members theri so I can put faces to names.

Mojo

I cant wayt the only thing is im honestly butt hurt its 25$ at the door, seems a bit steep. Ill be there dont get me wrong just 25 less i get to spend on coral :spider:

I cant wait. The only thing wrong, honestly, is my pocket book. $25 at the door seems a bit steep. I will be there, dont get me wrong, but with $25 less that I get to spend on corals

(please don't mind my spell check, LOL) anyway,
you can save yourself $10 right off the bat by pre-purchasing your two tickets before July 15. Presale tickets are only $20 via Paypal or Credit card.
please contact us a [email protected] for further instruction.

BTW. I do applolgise for the seemingly high cost of admission. I assure you, it is not to earn additional revenues, but rather to cover the exhorbitant costs of traveling 1,200+ miles with 2 cargo trailers, three tow vehicles, a tons of truss and other equipment, a dozen staff members, and one hell of a partially-supportive wife

We estimate our fuel costs alone (@ $4 gallon) to exceed $3,000, not to mention housing costs for those dozen people, a week of food....etc, :dizzy:

We still need about a dozen volunteers, but that thread will come soon in the next day or two.

Last edited:
It recently came to my attention that there will be Mermaids, at SeaMax. Being there, with my camera, AND with Angie, I think I'm gonna be in trouble!

Funny you should mention, because we unfortunately lost one of the three (had to stay home to work) and we would love to get a volunteer sit-in
Any female reefers out there who might get a kick out of being the center of attention for most of the day : )

This is completely informal and fun. Anybody? If not, no big deal as our remaining two are quite good at what they do.

Please contact [email protected]

Well,
lets take a sneak peek at our grand prize, shall we?

Untitled-3.jpg

Oh Wait! did I mention we have TWO of these to raffle off? (one for Sat. and one for Sun)

:D

Hi, mentioned in this thread are "rolling coolers" for attendees, are we able to bring our own coral frags to swap to the event? If so are others planning on doing that? Looks like a great time!

- James

Hi, mentioned in this thread are "rolling coolers" for attendees, are we able to bring our own coral frags to swap to the event? If so are others planning on doing that? Looks like a great time!

- James

I would think that if you made prior arrangements with someone that wants to swap coral with you and it was done outside of the exhibition center, it would be okay.
Since you are not paying for space to sell or trade inside the center, in my opinion would not be appropriate.

I would think that if you made prior arrangements with someone that wants to swap coral with you and it was done outside of the exhibition center, it would be okay.
Since you are not paying for space to sell or trade inside the center, in my opinion would not be appropriate.

If there is enough interest in a dry swap area (no electricity/no tanks) you let me know and I'll make it happen (monitoring posts next 24 hours)

We have a couple of members, of our club, that will be doing some trading, with folks from the other side of the state. However, we'll have our booth set up, and can do it there. I can see a frag trading area, being utilized, but don't know how much it'd be used. I think most trading is being planned out, in advance, for the few who are doing any trading.

would be awesome to beabble to bring a couple frags to trade[/QUOTE

Agreed. I had actually already made a few frags for this event, not even thinking about the fact I wouldn't be able to bring them since I don't belong to a club or business with a booth. It'd be nice to have a small area to do some swapping :)

I think it could be cool so that people from long distances are able to meet and exchange....but I also have a booth soooo yeah.

Definatley would be a very cool idea to utilize. SeaMax just keeps getting better and better. :D

Cheers,
Alex

OOOO MAN this is gonna be awsome!!! Its like a huge frag swap and EXPO!!! AHAHHHHHHHHHH
p.s. im excited if no one can tell!!!
I'll be their sunday pps! Im thinkin im gonna get some hand warmers (lots of em)!!!!

Quick question regarding the saltwater, being supplied by the Seattle Aquarium...

There seems to be conflicting information, regarding the salinity of the water, used by the Seattle Aquarium. I'm sure that their water, used in their reef display tanks, is at a proper salinity, for a reef tank. However, I've heard that the water used in the rest of their displays, is kept at a lower salinity. Will the water, being supplied to SeaMax, be at a proper salinity, to house corals or will we need to bring salt, to adjust the salinity?

Back