SEA-MAX 2011 in Seattle, WA!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Quick question regarding the saltwater, being supplied by the Seattle Aquarium...

There seems to be conflicting information, regarding the salinity of the water, used by the Seattle Aquarium. I'm sure that their water, used in their reef display tanks, is at a proper salinity, for a reef tank. However, I've heard that the water used in the rest of their displays, is kept at a lower salinity. Will the water, being supplied to SeaMax, be at a proper salinity, to house corals or will we need to bring salt, to adjust the salinity?

I'm glad you brought this up. We are bringing Salt, a light, powerhead and heater for the PSAS tank.

Hey Seth, wouldn't adding dry salt to ammend the water with-out allowing enough mixing/mellowing time cause live stock to not look their best by shriveling/slim-up/expell zoolength (sp?). I would think that a lower salinty would be better for acclimation than an impromptu mix.

Hey Seth, wouldn't adding dry salt to ammend the water with-out allowing enough mixing/mellowing time cause live stock to not look their best by shriveling/slim-up/expell zoolength (sp?). I would think that a lower salinty would be better for acclimation than an impromptu mix.

Depending on the salinity of the water, maybe. If the salinity is too low, it won't support corals/clams/inverts, at all. Adjusting salinity would be less stressful than having the salinity too low to sustain them. I think most of us have had to make up emergency saltwater, and use it immediately. I've done it several times, with no ill effects.

It probably would but I'll be there early Friday to make sure the water is good and at proper levels before adding the corals Friday night.

water is fine....
bring your corals if you want to trade...we will set up a small swap area for those who wish to bring their coolers full of frags.

today SEA-MAX 2011 is OFICIALLY OPEN!!!!

WOOT! People are going to be stoked once they see the setup Kevin. Thanks again for the awesome show. I am getting ready to leave the house shortly so I can come put the finishing touches on the booth myself. See you today and remember it'll all be worth it once it is over LOL.

Seth

Yes Mercer exit is closed. You can take Denny way to 2nd ave then go around key arena to 5th ave and park in the garage across from the exhibit center.

Hey I might snatch up a few things out of my tank to donate to psas stuff I have double of. Do you have room for a few plugs akunochi.?

Thanks Seth, I figured most Seattle exits would work, but I just didn't know a specific direction, other than look for the Space Needle and head that way.:)

Hey I might snatch up a few things out of my tank to donate to psas stuff I have double of. Do you have room for a few plugs akunochi.?

I'm sure we could make room. Space is tight but hopefully things will sell quick!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On two other notes: Remember the entrance to the exhibit center is underneath the ballet! I say again underneath the ballet.

Secondly: I advise against waking your spouse up at 643am and telling her to get up because it is time for SeaMax and then pulling the covers off the bed when she protests LOL.

6:43?? Heck, we'd both been up for over an hour by then!!

I took a few pictures, last night, and will be taking a whole bunch more, today! I'll try to get some uploaded and posted, this evening, depending on what we have going on after SeaMax, today. Otherwise, I'll get a bunch posted, after we return to Spokane! This is going to be so much fun!!

LOL Yeah Lisa is def not a morning person. I cant wait to try and get her up to be on the charter at 5am. I on the other hand hardly ever sleep at all.

Mike I hope I can catch up with you a little better today. I'll be there a bit early to finish the booth. If not I guess I'll just have to come to Spokane for your guys' BBQ.

Hope everyone posts lots of pictures. So sorry to miss this one, but am in bed fighting Pneumonia. Week three.
Hope everybody has a ball and that the show is successfull enough that it returns next year!
Mike

Hope everyone posts lots of pictures. So sorry to miss this one, but am in bed fighting Pneumonia. Week three.
Hope everybody has a ball and that the show is successfull enough that it returns next year!
Mike
Mike, I am so sorry for you. Thats just awful. I hope you get better real fast.
Take care

Mike

So sorry to hear about the fight with pneumonia, no fun at all. You take care and get better soon Mike.

Mike

uuggg... I feel you mike... I had a asthma attack fuled by a bad allergy attack and my head/chest is in a vice...
I was suppose to help set-up yesterday, but couldnt... :(
but I'm going to make it today for a few hours if it's all i do all day... :)

Thank you for all the kind words folks, I should have put my comment somewhere else so that this fine thread about SEA-MAX didn't get derailed.
I am doing fine and will be doing better after seeing all the great photos and smiling hobbiests. If have any questions or comments about my condition, PM works great.

Back on topic, GO SEA-MAX 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back