senji's 90 gal build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

senji

so ive been building a tank for several months now. but now i finnaly have all the pieces. here is what ive done so far. put tank up leveld. put 2" of sand coverd by crushed coral. put 70 lbs of live rock in and hooked up sump and return. let this run for 8 weeks. so that brings me to yesterday when i recievd the rest of my rock from fiji. i dryed it washed it and dipped it. then i put an outline of my tank on the ground and started building. i have pics of this i will post. then i drilled and ziptyed it all together and placed in tank.. so what i have left to do is redo the canopy with my existing lighting (will get into this when i do it). finish plumbing in 3 stage reena filstar. bio pellet reactor. and uv. then i have to get the reefkeeper online. then light timer power strips. all this will be on the fast track and updated about every other day.

tank specs

90 gal mariland drilled back overflow.
cws 180 skimmer
proflex 3 sump set up for refugium
next reef ractor for biopellet
reena filstar 3 tier
uv
reef keeper lite model 3
2 pk4's
sli
head unit
120 lbs live rock
50 lbs live sant/crushed coral
2 sunsun 12,000 L/H power heads (piece of crap)will update when back to work full time.

ok now for some pics

this is all the rock spread out

liverockspread.jpg

longspread.jpg

fijitokota.jpg

after 24 hrs of aquascapeing im going throgh another cycle 0 am .50 no2 40 no3. atlest ther is no amonia so i know the bacteria is working fast. thnx to pre cycleing half the live rock.

It's lookin good senji, looks well thought out, ill be following along...

sent from ruk's HTC Sensation

sorry for no updates been working. but all my no2 is at zero now and about 40 no3 getting close to adding a fish or 2.

will work on lighting this weeekend hopefully as soon as i get a welding project done.

looks great man. I like ur aquascaping technique i was taught the same way. :) Hows that fuge light working for u? I heard leds shouldnt be used cuz theyre not as "good" for the macro?!?! Just curious how its been working for u. For some reason i though this was a 90bow... :?

calerpa grows great but flame is deffinately slowed way down but still grows

Back