Sept. 16 2006 Scott Michael visits PSAS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I agree! What a great meeting. Scott and his wife are such personable, charming people and I loved his presentation. All those gorgeous fish pics have given me a case of the "I-Wants!"

That was my first meeting and I'm really glad I made it out.

Barrier reef was lots of fun and the owners are cool - they're living my dream.. starting a new store... go guys go!!! Very high quality aquacultured corals, and great packaging for the ride home. Good luck in your ventures! Maybe I could help you start a Barrier Reef #2 in the Northend (Mill Creek/Everett/Snohomish) after your new store gets up and running.

Scott Michaels was awesome. I've used his book "marine fishes" like the bible the first couple years I got into the hobby and it was so cool to meet the dude and hear his stories and see some really nice fish. P.S --I think I'm now a frog fish fan.. Who else is?

And finally meeting all you cool dudes in person instead of on the Internet was lots of fun. I'm definatley glad I made it out and look forward to our next get-together already.

Ok, here are a few pix

I felt this picture only shows just a little of how good of a person Scoot Michael was. A a patient, caring gift to the Hobbyist.:) Scott and his wife Janine are First Class Good People!

Barrier Reef Sponsors September Meeting and works with PSAS Bod to make things easy!

Cy and Tim were very organized working together with Bod. I am looking forward to seeing more of you guys! Thanks!:) Ok, Wife is giving me a bad time for being on here...be back soon..

Thank you all for the kind words and for coming out to support us and the club. Scott Michael was awesome and his pictures were pretty darn good too:) We had a great time meeting all of you and appreciate your support and encouragment. We are really trying to bring something fresh and unique to Western Washington as we proceed with opening our new store. We look forward to seeing everyone at as many events as possible. Our forum here at RF will be a great place to watch for updates on how the store is coming together, where it is located, and when it will open!! Special thanks to the PSAS Board for all your hard work. Last night wouldn't have happened without you!

Scott has a awesome sense of humor..

This is the part where I introduce a Toad fish doing the big nasty...jk. I want a Toad Fish now! Ok, here we go..

This is what drives me to the meetings. Good people talking about what they love with friends once a month.

Good people waiting for more good information about the hobby!

Yeah, Thats Steve Weise and his wife sharing some good information. Those two are awesome also. I am looking forward to learning more from the people in Portland. Thanks for making this meeting so fun Steve and Ziffy! I hope to see more of you guys!

Last edited:
So grab your kid, Your Dog, and we will se ya at the next Meeting!

Jesse,
I think your kid wants your tort :lol: (sorry about the red eye it was a accident)
Your daughter says its hers!

Thanks for the smiles... I Hope to see you all back next Month.

Next Month is Frag Trading Event in Auburn!

Scott's Latest Book, just coming out is available now!

Ok, One more thing.

PSAS was able to get the Latest Book from Scott W. Michael. Scott explained that this was the most fun building a book that he has ever had.
His first book is in my collection was pretty good also. I consider both books a must for those wanting to learn the compatibility of Saltwater fish and invertebrates. Don't come to me telling me your hawkfish ate your other fish because you did not read the book,lol.
The pictures in this book show Scott's expertise as a photographer. This book will show you needs for most Saltwater Aquarium species of fish and compatibility. Its a must for the person wanting to buy Saltwater Fish...

If you were lucky and got there in time you were able to have it signed.;)

Last edited:
She doesn't want the tort - she already owns everything in the tank (ask her :p ). She really wants my wallet...

Thanks to Cy and Tim for the sponsorship - it was awesome - and Scott for the great preso!)

Jesse,
I think your kid wants your tort :lol: (sorry about the red eye it was a accident)
Your daughter says its hers!

Thanks for the smiles... I Hope to see you all back next Month.

Next Month is Frag Trading Event in Auburn!

Had a great time and I want to semi-publicly thank Brad for helping me get around. Some of you already know I had a stroke and can't handle driving around in the city. Brad was very generous with his time and picked me up at the ferry and took me to stores, pizza, and the main event. Thanks Brad! :D

And a word about Scott Michael: Can we really trust a guy who says every fish is his favorite fish??? :lol: Just kidding of course. I really enjoyed his enthusiasm and the talk was very informative. Spending one-on-one time was even more useful for me. He should start a pay-per-view online consulting site!!

Back