Sequence Dart for closed loop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ok, see how the intake pipe comes over the tank from the back and then down into the tank???? well the manifold has to sit in front of that intake pipe....that is my old intake pipe..the new one is much bigger, which puts the back of the manifold way out into the center of the tank...i decided to hang the manifold in the air over that pipe so that it would sit back against the back wall....also, the first pic is the manifold that i built tonight....the tee's are pointing straight down since the manifold is going to be hanging up in the air a bit..i am going to get alot of locline and angle the outputs when i install it....hey Brian, do those reflectors look familiar????

Last edited:
LMAO!!! Krish i told you not to take Ron's peter pan suit dood :lol: .

I'm still lost with your pipes :lol: ... i thought one of the pipes where suppose to be going in the overflow cup :p:lol:.... i was checking some threads in RC because some dood was doing the same Calfo style thingy and it seems like he had the tubing thingy inside the overflow :p:lol: .

that is if you want to use up one of your overflow bulkheads for it...i would rather not...i just ran my intake over the top....if my intake strainer ever gets here, i will be able to hook it up!!!

Nice job Ron! Looks great, now I'm going to have to redo my design to get more flow. I should've use 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" PVC for the header now that I've seen yours.

-David

thanks David......... i used 1-1/2" pvc for the whole output and manifold..the manufacturer said it will constrict the flow if you don't....i will try to get some better pics tonight after i glue everything together

You can Hang the rack with some stainless wire like you would a light or something similar, the cable would add support to the manifold! Once you get it going you will freak man it will blow your tank cloudy:D

i hope it doesn't blow the tank cloudy, especially since it is BB!!!!!!!:D i am definately going to have to suspend it over the intake though...i thought about using metal hooks and screwing them into my canopy, and then using some sort of strap or wire to hang on the hooks....this way, i can remove it easily....i also made it small enough that i can pull the whole manifold off through the front of my canopy if i need to remove it

thanks David......... i used 1-1/2" pvc for the whole output and manifold..the manufacturer said it will constrict the flow if you don't....i will try to get some better pics tonight after i glue everything together

Yep, back to the drawing board. I have to tee the line before going over the top just because of the way the cut-out are in the back of my canopy.

What do you do if you have to take the canopy off for some reason? Do you have Unions up towards the top so you can remove the manifold if needed?

i made my manifold small enough so that it will clear my canopy......the front panel of my canopy swings up..i made it like this so that i could reach the bottom of the tank without having to take the canopy off...with it like this, i can pull the whole manifold off without removing the canopy..i am cutting a hole in the back, big enough for the union to just pull on through....i ran flex pvc from the manifold, all the way to the un ion and the pump

Hey Ron,
I have dealt with Sequence and had a very good experience. They keep getting better and better. Fast turnaround for repairs, good people. I see a three year warrantee also now. I guess I am prejudice over other pumps because they have been so good to me. When people are good to you, you remember them.

http://www.reeflopumps.com/

He went by Reefflo in here a while back. He visits every now and then.
ask for Chris (big dog, well worth the wait).

cool...thanks Ed!!!!
here are some pics after i glued stuff today..i have the intake(minus the strainer part) and the manifold built..i still have to glue the intake parts, but they are all cut and put together...if you look at the 2 manifold pics, you can see wherei put the 3/4 reducers into the outlets..i am 2 short..i have 2 get 2 more reducers tomorrow..i went with 8 outlets, but i am probably going to plug 2 of them up and just use 6

Last edited:
well i just ordered all of the loc-line i will need( i hope..it wasn't cheap for that many outlets!!!!!!)...i should have everything built and in place tomorrow...all i will need is the strainer and the locline and i can crank it up

I'm guessing the Tee & the extra ball valve is to maybe drain it If need be?

That looks nice man, yea Loc-line isn't cheap, I'm still buying some, spend several hundreds on my plumbing & loc-lines it adds up, guessing around $400 for my tank when all said & done! Now about the storm, LR sheds & you'll get that storm man LOL, I have a CC BB tank now LOL!

I'm guessing the Tee & the extra ball valve is to maybe drain it If need be?
yep, good eye!!! it is extremely handy, unless you just like cleaning up water spills:D ..i won't build a CL without a drain..it can get messy when you try to take the CL off the tank!!

Back