Sequence Dart for closed loop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thanks Scooter and David...about the siphon break, when i do my water changes, which are normally about 30g every 2 weeks, most of the water comes out of the sump...the water in the display drops maybe 1-3"...the siphon is about 4-5" below the water line...my intake line is only like2-3' long..it shouldn't take a whole lot to prime it( i hope)...thanks for the reminders David!!!!
also, i just got my locline in the mail....for some reason, i only ordered 3 of the threaded attachments..i need 8 of them..i am going to see if i can get them shipped right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron, I did the exact same thing when I ordered them! So, do what I forgot to do when I got this close to being done. Take a deep breath...in....out...in...out you're almost there. Sometimes the anticipation becomes so great that we forget to organize our thoughts...which leads to additional shipping costs. :D

yeah, i just paid $15 for 2 day shipping, and since it isalmost the weekend, i won't get it until Monday!!!! that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yeah, i just paid $15 for 2 day shipping, and since it isalmost the weekend, i won't get it until Monday!!!! that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You might still get it on Friday, but ya...that might suck. It would be nice to be able to get these locally in times like these.

well, it would have been nice to know that the drain that comes on the Dart LEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i would have known to wrap it with tape before putting water in the pump..now i have to drain the whole thing and do it again .....i am also i plug short for the mainifold..water came spraying out of an outlet that i thought was plugged off... i have to go back to Lowes yet again for one peice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, it would have been nice to know that the drain that comes on the Dart LEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i would have known to wrap it with tape before putting water in the pump

So...You put on a pvc fitting onto the threaded pump's fitting without using any teflon tape??? If so, then that's why it probably leaked. Don't think I've ever heard of using threaded fittings without using teflon. Hope you get it sorted out:)

no, all the pvc that i did has teflon on it...there is a fitting that is built into the pump..it is a built in drain...it leaks!!!!!!..it never crossed my mind that the built in fitting would leak

The Drain petcock has a rubber O-Ring, It may be damaged, you could get a replacement at Lowe's also! These aren't meant to be over tightened, that will cut it! What is a tank without water all over the place a few times huh!

is 2 mag 24's and an 18 good enough flow for a 300G? im in the building process. CL sys 300g 125 sump. is one dart = to 2 24mags?

after using a Mag 12 for about a year on my 72g closed loop, i would never use one again for a closed loop!!!!! they are the loudest freakin pumps!!!!!! the Dart has about 3600gph of flow...two Mag 24's would be about 4800gph.........i would go with the Sequence Barracuda ( 4200gph)before i used the 2 Mag pumps...two of them would sound like a lawnmower in the house!!LOL

David, you are going to love this pump!!! it is soooo much quieter than my other one was...i think i have got most of the kinks worked out finally...i had to rewrap one pipe..i found a leak a minute ago

Last edited:
They have a dart that does 5800GPH. I think it is called the hammerhead. I am with Ron. Ditch the mags. Also look into Amp master/aqua sea/dolphin pumps. I just put a 8500GPH on the 144 gal tank I am putting together.

This tank is being built into a wall and it will have a dedicated dad hideout! im not the best plummer, i did my 125 with success, but wow this new tank posses a grand chalange. As of today i have headed out the wall for an 8" span......now onto levelin off the stand, settin the tank, then plum it up. Hmmm a hammer head? the flow sounds about right.

It worked out about perfect. appears to be no dead spots and I have 2 ouput outputs under the rocks blowing out so no debris collects under them. I do have a small whirlpool that forms on the water surface.

i am having trouble getting this connection to stop dripping...i have wrapped, and rewrapped it... it is a very slow leak, but it is still a leak....any suggestions???????? the drain plug on the pump is still leaking some..i think i am just going to glue that freakin thing closed for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing Iknow of is more teflon tape. Did you see a O-ring in it?

Back