Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

johnehr said:
You asked for it:

46.jpg

Wow is that a pagoda cup coral in the middle? That thing is huge.

tony said:
johnehr do you run a refugium in that tank?

Yes I do (10 gallons)... You think my bioload is mega high? I got tons of LR in the fuge + chaeto.

Craig Manoukian said:
I only see a red X, johnehr!

Try going to http://www.johnspad.com/aquarium.htm if you can't see it.

MattSeattle said:

Could you see the picture though? Maybe try without the www?

Im really lazy and dont want to resize. The upload restriction should be lifted and replaced with something that automatically reduces size/quality so that pictures are > 100k. Oh well, thats me, a lazy programmer.

I guess Ill put it in my gallery...

why don't you give me an IP address to johnspad.com - it's not resolving via my DNS server for some reason.

i agree the software should automatically resize pictures to the required sizes....surprised that is not a standard feature.

Angelscrx,
Yes that is a pagoda cup coral. Unfortunately its not mine... I'm coral sitting it for bc_slc (who got it from jazznreef) until his 180 cycles. He has a LOT of stuff crammed into a 20 gallon tank in his den. No way would the cup fit. He's gonna tank sit for me for a week over Xmas. Its pretty fun to feed this coral. He eats tons of brine shrimp and anything else that gets in his polyps.

I think I might try to convince bc_slc to frag it. I dont think I would if I were him because it looks so awesome. Maybe he'd be up to it depending on how it will sit in his tank. May not be worth the risk, though.

I can't give you the IP because I dont know it. Its done through a really crappy hosting company that shares ip's between websites. That way they can have like 100 domains hosted by 1 machine... If you type in the ip from a reverse dns lookup, you'd probably get nothing because the machine would not know what domain to load.

mattseattle said:
why don't you give me an IP address to johnspad.com - it's not resolving via my DNS server for some reason.

i agree the software should automatically resize pictures to the required sizes....surprised that is not a standard feature.

Here are my current specs. Should have listed them before.

90 gallon AGA reef ready tank
29 gallon AGA diy sump
Sunlight Supply Maristar light (2x250 de mh, 2x54 T5 actinic)
55 watt pc on sump (reverse lighting)
(2) Tunze Stream 6000 w/ single controller
ViaAqua 4900 return pump
Ranco digital dual stage temp contoroller (control fans and heaters)
Visitherm heaters (1-300 watt, 1–150 watt)
(2) 7” desktop fans over sump,
(2) 3” computer fans in canopy.
Tunze Osmolator auto-top off system
EuroReef ES 5-3 protein skimmer
Geo’s Reef Calcium Reactor
ReefTek Nielsen Reactor

Last edited:
Lowcel and Curvball nice tanks.

johnehr I have a pagoda too and it is no where near that size but it has grown some since I first bought it. It was receading a little at the store and I know you should buy a coral unless it is healthy but I couldn't resist the price. It was the lighting that wasn't helping it any. It has recovered nicely in my tank. I hope it grows like your friends. Thanks

My two main tanks:

55 Reef - born 9/03: 55 gallon with 55 gallon fuge underneath...several powerheads for turbulent flow...overflow to fuge below...296 watt pc lighting 12 hours... lighting on fuge reverse timing for macro growout..
-mostly gorgonians and mushrooms for inverts..clarkii clown, blue chromis, royal gramma,
auto fw topoff to sump with ro/di
3-4 inch DSB seeded from various sources
10% water changes weekly (usually - sometimes biweekly)
addition of teaspoon of kalk to fw topoff every 5th time (5 gallon bucket)
pH=8.2
Alk=11
Ca = 400
Temp=78-80
ammonia/nitrite=0
nitrate= <2.5
1391tankshot.jpg

60 Hex tank: born 7/04, 5-6 inch dsb, with 1 inch seaswirl, finnex skimmer, heavy kalk drip and auto fw top off, 400 watt MH 6600K and 2x15 inch actinics for dusk/dawn and moonlight at night....
mostly sps/lps - acros, monti, euphyllia, turbinaria
1 blue/green chromis, 4 ocellaris clowns, 2 green clown gobies, 1 fox face, 1 blue tang (going to 150 soon dont worry :) ), lots of peppermint and ghost shrimp and lots of snails
1391tank5.jpg

Dan (Forestal) I like the two tank set up. I was thinking of putting small window in my stand to show off part of the fuge.

Back