Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well, i actually moved into a new 72 about two weeks ago, the old one didn't have a built in overflow, and i never trusted the thing to start flowing again if there was a power outage. so the glass is pretty clean. i don't generally have too much of a problem with cleanliness though, the critters do a pretty good job of picking up after themselves. i have to use the magfloat about once a day though, ever since i switched to the halides the glass greens-up pretty quick.

i had had a supplimental closed loop system that ran a pipe with several holes in it across the back bottom, to keep the water from stagnating. but it cracked a while back, so i didn't reinstall it. just moved the rock off of the back glass as much as possible.

75 gallon 6 months old

Here are some pics of my 6 month old 75 gallon tank with a view of the cave planning on transfering this to my 240 gallon setup when completed.

thetedinator that is a nice cap. I like the way your tank is set up. Don't worry about the cyano I battled the same thing until I got rid of the crush coral and it hasn't come back yet.

wrightme43 said:
the smallest acrofrag, has been in my tanks under compact flor for 1.5 years now
the monti the same, it started as a piece under 1/4" that lived through rtn and fraging off the little bit that lived. the two larger pieces are 3 and 4 months and the balislimer is 1 year from my other tank.It will be across two posts. Yes they do lose some color, no they do not die, they grow, and can be fraged off and will grow in other peoples tanks. I am getting metal halide I just have always liked the light pc puts out for the heat and cost. I have merlina, and two hydnophora as well growing in size under the same lighting. So if anybody wants to say its impossible, go ahead, I will just keep doing what I am doing. Ps, I have a elegance coral growing 8 months now under pc at a customers house, and have anenomes bulb tips that split and grow very well, kept in my tanks for 2 years and now in customers tanks all under pc.

Wrightme43, Very nice growth... I came from 175MH and now I am trying a 400MH. And its been a week now since i upgraded.... Still no change in colors of my corals.

Now I am thinking, is it really light? or..... or water quality and quality of foods you give them...

Even BIGT mentioned that he used to have VHO's and when he switched to MH's most of his corals turned brown....

I am so confused....

Keep it coming guys..... I love this thread...

Always include your specs please...

Lights
Salt used
Calcium
Alk
What are you dosing...
What are you feeding.

Thanks guys

Katchupoy said:
How do you like your Seio's... how long have you been using it...
will you recommend it?

Cesar,

I have been using SEIO's since they came out. I really like them. Great soft flow and hard to beat for the price campared to the alternative. One drag for me is my tank top openings are too far away from the sides so hanging with brackets is not an option. That means I rely on the suction cups which is working just ok. Clean off the area where you want them to stick (scrape away coraline, etc.). I may add more rock and see if I can support them in the rockwork.

Also, I burned a M620 out by using it as a wavemaker using my AQII. When I did that, I immediately bought another 820 and now alll of the SEIO's run 24/7 and the maxi-jets are the wavemakers.

HTH,

Ted

Back