Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tank pics

New to this site but I been around awhile.(posted these pics in another site).
BTW everyone has beautiful tanks here.Glad to be here.

Oh man! Time to swap drool buckets. Vina - great to see you here - beautiful pics!

:shock: Wow :shock: Wow :shock: I need to do some home work. Chuck your corals colors are awesome! Vina, Welcome aboard! I hate to sound like a parrot, Your tank looks Awesome too.. :shock:

Thanks you all!The tank is 5 years old.It's a 90 gls all glass RR tank.BB and remote sand bed in a Rubber-Maid bin(30 gls) with 4 inches of aragonite sand.In it there is a Red Sea skimmer (Not many reefers are using them anymore),300 watts heater,Deltec fludised media reactor with Rowaphos.1/3 hp chiller is connected to another sump in the basement with a circulator pump returning water to the main tank.
Lighting the tank are 2 400 watts Radium bulbs,2 actinics vho 110 watts,2 50/50 vho 110 watts and if I have more room I'll probably install some more.
Double chamber MTC calcium carbonate reactor.I run activated carbon(Kent) once a month for 3 days after I noticed that extended use of carbon my corals were losing to much color.
Water changes are done every month(10 gls)using Tropic Marin.Calcium is at 470 with a kh of 11.
Corals are fed every other day with Kent Coral-Accel and Marine Snow.Strong water flow is very important for the growth and health of corals.After having 2 Aquaclear ph 802 inside the tank for circulation I added a closed loop using a Mag 12 plus about another 1000 gls per hour from the basement pump.
My tangs not longer swim around the tank they just stay in one spot and let the current do the work.

See you soon VINA

Steve,
Don't tell anyone I am out my cage....I won't get my cracker.. :lol:
Vina,
I love that tank.
Ed

Vina what an absolutely beautiful tank. I like the mix of corals. That's exactly how I want mine to look. Thanks for sharing and Welcome to RF!

Back