Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The only way I've ever gotten a decent shot in my tank is throwing the fishnet in to allow the camera to focus and cropping it out... Anyone know how to focus your shots of your tank?

Nice tanks guys. I am currently fish tank free as we are waiting to move into our new home. The tank is 10 feet long, 3 feet high and 4 feet wide. Not sure how many gallons it is. 800 or so. The tank will sit in the room behind the wall and then we will frame it with some nice trim. We are cutting out the floor and digging out fill in the crawlspace and adding a couple of feet of rebar reinforced concrete. The stand will then be built up on top of the concrete. This room will house the sump, pumps, skimmer, etc. We are having an exhaust fan installed to help control humidity.

It will have fake corals from www.livingcolor.com - I am looking to keep some fish that I couldn't before in my 240 SPS/clam tank. Angels, puffer, eel, triggers...

Lighting will be 8 canned lights with 50 watt sylvania MR-16 narrow spot beams. These will help to simulate the shimmering you get with halides without the huge wattage. I am also adding 120 watts of PC actinics to give a little more blue.

Putting a little more thought into this one. The goal is a bigger tank with less maintenaince and less power consumption. My old tank became more of a job than a hobby at times and got a little burned out.

I know it isn't exactly a "reef" tank but I am kinda going back to my roots and keeping a "fish" tank. Please don't shun me!

Here is my full tank shot. It not much but it is mine and I'm happy with it for my first reef!

Hello all,
I recently just found this site, and i am delighted. just finished reading through this thread, all of your tanks are gorgeous.
Mine has been up ~13 months now. Since i started this addiction i have gone in hog wild and now have 7 sw tanks (my wife is a saint). all are on the small size as i try new things, fish and inverts.
Although my tank is now functioning half as a softy grow out tank until my 90 is set up, it doesnt look great but i wanted to share.
It is a 55 gallon witha 55 gallon "refugium" below, built into the wall. Both have DSB's, although the main tank's is slowly shrinking. I started with lots more live rock, but am now down to ~100 pounds combined. I am running corallife PC's 196 watts on main and 96 watts on fuge. gorgonian frags, ricordea, gsp, leather are the surviving corals in this tank, plus a clarkii clown, 2 blue green chromis, and a royal gramma (my first fish). I'm actually having a hard time keeping the corralline off the front glass, i gotta scrub the heck out of it 2x week to have it look half decent.
http://forestalsfish.com/pics/Tanks/55tankshot.jpg

My 60 gallon hex reef: now 4 months old, brown acro plus lots and lots of caulerpa :)
http://forestalsfish.com/pics/Tanks/tank3.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

Donovan - that is going to be an incredible fish only tank! Can't wait to see it come together!

Cronicreef - Looks good! It will be full before you know it! How old is the system, and what size?

Forestal -
I'm actually having a hard time keeping the corralline off the front glass, i gotta scrub the heck out of it 2x week to have it look half decent.

I bet you love it and hate it at the same time! Love that you have coralline growth, but hate the fact you have to work so hard to see in the tank :)

My tank is a 50gal breeder and has been up and running for about 1-1/2 years

Forestal- Good to see you pics of your tank finally. Glad you decided to join the party.

ChronicReef, man thats just terrible, having to clean the coraline off your glass, Its going to awesome man. That to me is a sign of a well maintained system. You have to be doing something right. Welcome Forestal, glad you are here. Pretty neat tank idea with the 55 below and above. Steve

Here's mine, upgraded from 25gallon-hi. It is a 40 breeder.

FULLSHOT_OCTOBER_1600.jpg

Here is a full tank shot after removing the Sand bed, and many new small SPS frags. :)

Last edited:
Zoom if I have said it once I have said 50 times your tanks is awesome. When friends come over to my house I load up reef fro. and show off your anenmone. Its stinkin awesome.

Yeah I didn't even notice it (the pwdr blu) for the anm. Lots of color in your tank. My next project is metal halide I will defintely buy the xm 10,000 k bulbs for mine. I really like the look.

Oh yea. Thats Zoolander (he only can turn left). My one eyed Yellow Tang I got from Jazznreef.

You can only get it if you have seen the movie...

Back