Show your "befores" and "afters"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

just for you dood :D .
this one is stinky
img18631yd.jpg

and this one is softy :p
img18621bs.jpg

to be honest, the one that helped my tank a lot was my emerald crab (mr.Krabs) he did all the job until the end of his days.
Now the one i have, I don't think he even likes that stuff, so my husband and i have been doing all the job with the pickers/ twicers and trust me it's hard !! without a crab.

LMAO Gabbs! You go!!(LOL) We may as well show our befores and afters of our filtration since Gabby got the ball rolling. Mine is funny as hell! I'll post mine tonight:)

Oh, NICE TOOTHBRUSH!

thank you dood, they have been with me for quite sometime , they were great in my mouth and now they are great at not only holding my lights but scrubing my rocks :D.

so this is the new 165 liter tank i have recently got its just running a skimmer its had water in it for awhile but was not doing anything, did partial water change and put rock in the tank that i had lying around going to get alot more lr sumtime this week just from the ocean save money, this will be predator tank with some corals that dont need much light to growm as only lights atm are 2 30 watt bulbs an antinic and a white coral star i think 10000k
this is obviously my before and the after well that maybe a little while wouldnt mind building a hood and trying flrous and a couple pcs 1 or 2 dont have money for halide and cant afford another hard core reef probly do some frags and stuff from my big tank
this tank is also in my room

Cool Old Saint. Like the fat tangs. LOL

Gabby hook on up on some square dowel from lowes. It will be safer. LOL
You can even tie strap the toothbrushes to the dowel, so they will still be in the tank. Just in case you know. LOL

Gabby hook on up on some square dowel from lowes. It will be safer. LOL
You can even tie strap the toothbrushes to the dowel, so they will still be in the tank. Just in case you know. LOL

hehe thank you Steve, but what's a square dowel?
right now i have a little bit of eggcrate under the lights.. just in case they fall :p .

Nice Oldsaint!

Morgan, is that ph sitting on the rocks? Should be a nice setup if it will look like your other tank:)

yeah it is on the rock hve no sump on this tank eaither and was planning to go just live rock filtration but have a hang on filter running atm might take the two filter pads out and put a phosban in there because phospahte are high (just checked and there at about 0.1 to 0.25)
the ph u can see in only a 1000liters an hour and am upgrading to a 1500lph and then use the 1000 for the first of a few pumps for water flow would love it to look like my other one krish but gonna be a bitmore smarter about coral chocies and the lights on it at the moment are only 2 3 foot flrous dont have as much money as other ppl here being 19 has a low income well when u work for woolworths anyway the fresh food people heard of us...yeh im really obssessed obssessed with coral reefs and diving and fish and rocks and and well maybe this should be in u know your a reefer when ur manager at work cums in at 7 in the morining and say "morgan still talking about ur bloody fish tank" lol well im in love and have many years of this ahead i hope if things go smooth
see krish get me rambling bout my tank and there gose along arse post no one will want to read lol

so got little more rock and thats the fish i caught out of my big system theres one more but is very worried bout being caught and is staying low its a shame cause i know this one would like some company
should of got more rock today but was slightly rished and i saw these two and liked them kinda have an idea how its gonna look need more sand anyone use lime sand before?

Back