Show your filtration Systems

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have these pictures on my showcase thread but I thought I would share them here as well.

DSC_2299Medium.jpg

DSC_2307Medium.jpg

DSC_2311Medium.jpg

DSC_2327Medium.jpg

DSC_2333Medium.jpg

DSC_2334Medium.jpg

DSC_2416Medium.jpg

This is the slick sump I scored from bigt. He thought of everything on this bad boy...heater brackets, probe holders, Ca reactor return holder, you name it, it has it, to include dedicated drains for doing water changes. My precious:badgrin: Just need a few more fittings and a pump and it will be up and running.

nice sump.... wish i thought of the drain holes.
holes might play havoc if you want an algae Scrubber

heres a pic of mine

nice sump.... wish i thought of the drain holes.
holes might play havoc if you want an algae Scrubber

heres a pic of mine

If I ever decide to do something like that it would be remote of the main sump. All my equipment is remote of the main display anyway so I have room to play...and add as needed.

Finally got the new sump installed along with all the equipment. Still need to get the skimmer on line (didn't have enough SW mixed up, so tonight or tomorrow night). It was a major undertaking getting this in the closet and wedged in where it is, but I really like the improvement!

DSC_2664Medium.jpg

DSC_2665Medium.jpg

DSC_2667Medium.jpg

DSC_2668aMedium.jpg

DSC_2669aMedium.jpg

DSC_2670aMedium.jpg

DSC_2671aMedium.jpg

and just for a frame of reference...here is what I came from...:lol:

DSCN2512Medium.jpg

thats, a aqua c right?

how does it work do you like it?

im consitering geting that when its time

Well actually it went down a bit since the last sump, in the earlier posts towards the beginning of this thread. Thatone (a 110 gal tank) had about 60 gal in it, the new one from bigt has about 40gal, but it has baffles and looks 100% better. It was hard to control cleaning without making a major project out of it in the sump before, now I can just vac out the first portion and call it a day...nice.

Well actually it went down a bit since the last sump, in the earlier posts towards the beginning of this thread. Thatone (a 110 gal tank) had about 60 gal in it, the new one from bigt has about 40gal, but it has baffles and looks 100% better. It was hard to control cleaning without making a major project out of it in the sump before, now I can just vac out the first portion and call it a day...nice.

Cool...:)

Where do you see an aqua c?

ROFL! I guess the black on the skimmer in the last pic threw him off:p

dude you fooled me, i was looking at it and lookin at the aqua c skimmer page.

looks just like it, just painted diffrent.

cool I LOVE DIY, thats like the 3 universal super letters.

32x13x14

sump.jpg

Newly constructed kalk mixer that's currently sitting in front of the return pump in the cabinet.

kalkrec.jpg

Last edited:
Back