Site Overhaul Announcement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Ok we have been working hard in the background here on RF and have finally put together our plans for the future on the Reef Frontiers site. So below I am going to list the new features and things we have ready to be rolled out in the near future. Let us know what you think.

>The site is going to be upgraded to the latest version of Vbulletin Suite with all its capabilities.

>All the Photopost Galleries are going to be upgraded to the full top version for each, with all the features

>We are going to bring a new PhotoPost Classified section to the board for all our members, this is a neat feature that should enhance and make the buy and selling end of Reefing a neat thing.

>We will introduce a new Chat feature, so members can hang out or ask questions at whatever time.

>We are going to add a blog feature for those that wish to create a Journal/blog about their tanks.

>We are going to bring back the RF workshops, where DonW and other will put together a workshop of building something (Skimmers/reactors/stand or other similar DIY projects) we will supply the materials and all members attending will be given a ticket. Upon completion we will hold a draw and give the item away.

> We are go to get into some Webinar style presentations done by some of the leading names in the reef keeping industry. Members will be able to log on to a webinar, listen and view the presentation and then post questions while in the meeting for the presenter to answer.

>We are going to bring back the Premium membership, which will include greater photo space, a larger pm box, a personalized email and perhaps some more if I can think of more.

>We have a few more highly qualified folks coming on board that are going to taking over a few select forums, to help enhance those forums and give our members top notch information.

>We will have article publishing ability, so we will invite members if they choose to compose articles on all things reef related. These articles if done well will be placed on the front page of the site.

Anyway that's the list, so we will either have a really smoken new look/feature site or we will die will trying :D . The new forum skin/templates are very exciting and I think everyone will really like the outcome. We should have this all up and running prior to the christmass holidays.

hope you like

RF Staff

Sounds good Mike!!! I think this deserves a sticky!!! :D Also, make sure some of the money used to do these upgrades comes directly from Scooty's pocket. He's got just too much money knocking around these days :lol:

Last edited:
Awesome Mike! I am looking forward to the changes and will be ready for when the Premium Membership is ready for us to purchase!

This is and always will be home for me! I have learned so much from everyone here and continue to learn more and more every time i login.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

still no tapatalk???

I think once they get the new softeware installed and everything is running smoothly, then they'd probably look into other upgrades/additions. Main concern right now is the transition over to the new software (ie updated version) etc... :)

sweet so the colors is gonna change??
I hope so.. this grey and tan is getting old :
Yea thats going to be one of the bigest things you are going to see. Its not going to be the colors but its going to have background pictures, reef type setting, with all the custom butons and other bells and whictles.

We are going to try and make the front page a candidate for members to use as their home page if they wish. So we will have it customized with link to email, phone, app, weather and so on along with all the stuff RF related.

This all sounds great. I can't wait to be a premium member. Thanks for all your hard work for this site. It's all apreciated!!

With the new software you won't need taptalk, it should automatically detect your phone and adjust, well I think that is how I understood it!:lol:

That would be cool.
I still use one of those plain ol BB S2 and I see that using tapatalk is still hit or miss on them. ( from what I read on the tapatalk forum )

Great ideas. I love the premium membership option. That is what has been missing here for me.. Also the chat will be a nice edition. Time frame?

Well as it stands right now all the software upgrades have been purchased (all 7 of them :D), the Webdesigner has been hired and we have a solid deal in place. I am in the process of trying to do a rough design/layout of the look we want. So I figure by the end of next week the designs should be done, then a bunch of code we added, pages, modules nad so on. By the next week we should have the new site up on a sister server where we can add all the new versions of the software we bought, do a bunch of bug testing??

I would say about 3 weeks til we shut down this site and turn un the new??

i agree with trido...colors is blue on blue for me..always have been..Ive never seen grey/tan.

Back