Skimmer pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yea, i have the old version of the 70 and it has the impeller fixed in place so its harder to mod. The original cnc 250 or octo pro 250 used that old pump and had nothing but probs with it. I would imagine the new one would work great....hmmm. I wonder how many man's are looking at these smaller pump's now.

not enough....i plan on using them, CNC'ing a wet end for it like in the pic but better... :)
also the qo1200 (295gph) has a floating impellar, and large impellar well, and 1/2" outlet, i want to mod that pump too.
not enough good small skimmer pumps...

Last edited:
i'm just thinking, if you want 15-18scfh, wouldn't a oct2000 pump be prefect for this project? and they are cheap too.

yes, they are cheap, and it would work, but somehow i see don wanting to use a better pump than the OTP 2000. In it's defense though, the new venturi, outlet, and pinwheel is at least getting decent power out of that thing, but the OTP's have a fairly high failure rate compared to the other pumps in question.
I also wish there were more smaller sicce pumps available to mod in US...:cry:

I might do a diy how to thread this summer some time. Not sure I want to let the cat out of the bag yet or patent it for myself. JK Ill post some pics when I do one for myself. I'm doing a few stands currently so need to take a break from plastic.

Don

Back