Slate's 125gal build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Going to paint the back of the tank and the inside of the stand tomorrow. I moved the tank into the garage and got it all taped off tonight, paint to come in the morning after I clean the glass one more time.

I think I will be calling my buddy to help me move it back into the house after it is all done. I almost killed my wife having her help me get it up the stairs and into the garage.

Pics of painting the back of the tank.

Going to get the inside of the stand painted tomorrow or Wed. evening. Next thing I will work on is finding a suitable water container to make a gravity fed ATO that will fit under the stand next to the sump.

SANY1423.jpg

SANY1428.jpg

Looks like a fun start. I always here people complain about the Nova extreme pro's but I have 3 of those lights over my tank and have been quite happy with them.

I also have extra legs for them if yours didn't come with any.. couldn't tell from the pic.

Looks like a fun start. I always here people complain about the Nova extreme pro's but I have 3 of those lights over my tank and have been quite happy with them.

I also have extra legs for them if yours didn't come with any.. couldn't tell from the pic.

Thanks for the offer but it came with legs. I just hadn't put them on yet when I took the pic. Eventually I will hang it in a canopy when I build it. But I probably wont be building one till spring.

I just ordered an Eheim 1260 pump for the return :D.

My eheim 1260 return pump came today! I am hoping to hit up a LFS tomorrow and get bulkheads. However, I still need to find an appropriate water container to make an ATO out of that fits under the stand. That way I can see where everything is before I work on plumbing.

SANY1467.jpg

SANY1468.jpg

I have a bunch of stuff left over from my build like 1 1/2" spa flex if you need any and also some 1" bulk heads, elbows, piping, all sorts of stuff...Just pm me what you need to get and I may have it that way you wont have to buy it...

Well school kicked my butt for a while but I am back working on this build. I ordered my sand and dry rock, to supplement what I already have, from macro rocks on black friday. Today I am working on putting together my durso drain stand pipes and hopefully friday I plumb under the tank so that I can water test next week. My digital camera died on me or I would take pics of the rock and stuff.

I am working on the plumbing now that I am on break from school. However, there have been a lot of parties so it is slow going lol. Also, the tank is new, it just sat in my buddies garage he never actually set it up :)

(Forgot to post this on Monday when I posted it elsewhere so this was Monday :biggrin1:)

Well life has been busy but good and the tank took a back seat for a while. BUT, I got back to it this weekend and got it plumbed and did a water test yesterday. I had no leaks which was a relief. Only thing I may need to do is dial back my return pump a little using the plumbing valves cause i don't care for how much flow is going through the sump when it is opened up all the way. So I still need to drain this yucky tap water and do some wiring and then move the tank a couple feet so it is in place. The goal is to be filling it with RODI water this coming weekend. I would post pics but both my digital cameras are dead for different reasons right now. If I am unable to get them working by the time I transfer my stuff from the 55gallon over I will make sure to have my buddy bring his camera so I can share.

So, I am still alive and sorry I have been neglecting all of you :love:.

I have been a busy boy and got a camera working!

Got the tank emptied of tap water and moved into place.
P1010002-1.jpg

SAND!
P1010008.jpg

With all the new sand in.
P1010009.jpg

The new rock to go with what is already in the 55gallon.
P1010011.jpg

FILL IT UP!!!(I just piled up the new rock for now I will scape it all when I add the existing stock.)
P1010012.jpg

Some Shots of under the tank.
P1010003-1.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Back