Slate's 125gal build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hmmm have a glass of chocolate milk standing by for the cleaning and make her think you are chugging it. Always worked for me. I got my daughter with that, and she ran to the bathroom.

Hmmm have a glass of chocolate milk standing by for the cleaning and make her think you are chugging it. Always worked for me. I got my daughter with that, and she ran to the bathroom.

Lol, now that is funny. Although, I would have a hard time drinking the chocolate milk and thinking about skimmate...

Well I got an order from Reef Geek today and I must say I am very pleased. It came in 4 days, was packaged very well, and they even sent me a sticker and a couple candies! lol

I bought four new bulbs - 2 6500k GE bulbs and 2 ATI Aqua Blue Plus bulbs. Overall it didn't really change my color a noticeable amount because I put the ATI bulbs in place of some actinics. I think I am gonna put those actinics back in tonight in place of some 10,000k bulbs and see how I like that. If I like it I will just replace those actinics with two more ATI blue plus bulbs next time I buy bulbs.

Here is everything I got from reefgeek
reefgeekorder3-31-11.jpg

And here is a picture taken under the new bulbs. I took one before and it looked pretty much exactly the same. If I change bulbs like I am thinking I will take one more.
3-31-11.jpg

Well after telling everyone I figured my RBTA was gonna stay towards the back and it doesn't move often it decided to move back up front where I like it last night....go figure. So here is to hoping it stays put.

That FTS Sid posted is beautiful!! I really like your tank!! Hope that anemone stays put for you. Nothing like having a nice anemone you want to showcase that rathers make it's home in the back of your rockwork!

Thanks Krish, it was nice having people taking pics of the tank who could portray how it really looks! Thanks again Michael!

My wife had been trying to get me to tick off the RBTA just for that same reason. She loves it and hated that it was on the back side of the rock so much. I noticed it was stretching out more and more to get light so I am hoping that now that it adjusted to the new lighting it wanted more!! But no one is that lucky with nems lol.

Well since my RBTA is taunting me by being in the spot I actually want it in for a day I figured I would snap a couple pics of it.

RBTA_4-10-11.jpg

Right_4-10-11.jpg

Wow Shane! Those are beautiful pictures! If it splits....I want one! =) I hope it stays there for you.

Thanks Gina, I will add you to the RBTA waiting list lol.

RBTA Update:
It didn't move at all last night and was stretched out the same when I went home for lunch *fingers crossed*.

Monti from Charlie. Purple Haze is my best guess for what it is. Either way me likes :).
purplemonti_4-11-11-1.jpg

This is a bad picture but, I had to take it cause my wife says that this frag, which Michael and Angie gave me, looks phallic up on top of the rock like this lmao.
prostata_4-11-11.jpg

Green Stylo, also from Charlie. FYI my wife loves this one which is a plus!
GrnStylo_4-11-11.jpg

Pink wall hammer
pinkhammer_4-11-11.jpg

Branching Frogspawn
frogspawn_4-11-11.jpg

Clown fishies
CoralSharkbait_4-11-11-1.jpg

I got a Tomini Tang from Brandy today and added him the tank. He is settling in nicely and is a BEAUTY. It is hilarious to watch him and my little sailfin. The sailfin is about half his size but she is still running the new tomini around the tank showing him that she owns every rock. There has been a lot of dancing but no actual contact from the tail slapping. However, they kicked up a bunch of sand behind the rocks so my tank is a little cloudy.....dumb turds.

Back