Small Foot print sump skimmer suggestions?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zachrabbit15

Hello, working on collecting data and equipment for my upcoming reef build. Need a little help with a skimmer recomendation. I have read and read and read so much info it is hard to process.

Tank backround: 22" cube tank (may end up 24" tall) roughly 45g to 50g. Sump will hold a additional 12 gallons of actual water. Very tight confines in my stand so will be limited to about a 6"x8" area for a skimmer. Height can be as much as 28".

What is a good skimmer that will work well in this area? :shock:

skimmy will guide u in the way. but i do like swc. small footprint and effective. i have the swc 180

The SWC 120 looks very good as far as size. The reviews all point to this line being very solid performers. I do not want to over skim the tank either. Is there any glaring negatives with this design I should think about when choosing?

we have a 9 Gallon cube (12"x12"x14") with a Bubble Magus NAC6a and it works great for our 55 gallon tank.

here are some pictures for reference:

7.jpg

8.jpg

hope this helps and good luck with the build! =)

Cool thanks for the info and replys. Ended up buying a complete used set-up. So from 60g to 90g. Has a Reef Octo 150. Working on getting it set-up!!

Back