Some new pictures from Dang's tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

HE isn't doing ALL the work, it takes a good camera and lens to make a photographer look good. I have a neighbor that spends more on his cameras and lenses than I do on my whole reef tank. If you think about it, since the glass is in the way and you can't get super close for all of these shots, one must use a zoom that compliments the macro lens. Never the less, nice photos blazer88...

HE isn't doing ALL the work, it takes a good camera and lens to make a photographer look good.
I'm going to have to disagree with this statement. A camera/lens can only do so much, you have to know what you are doing with the equipment for anything good to come out of it. You can't give someone with little photography experience a $5K camera and expect nice pictures (I've seen plenty of crap from great cameras). Some of the pictures I've licensed were shot with a sub $200 point-and-shoot camera, I can't credit the camera for much in that situation

If you think about it, since the glass is in the way and you can't get super close for all of these shots, one must use a zoom that compliments the macro lens. Never the less, nice photos blazer88...
This makes no sense. Using a "zoom" has nothing to do with how close I can get to the corals/fish, it's the focal length that matters. In fact, I didn't use a zoom lens for any of those shots since I only took my primes with me. Never the less, thanks for the comments.

HE isn't doing ALL the work, it takes a good camera and lens to make a photographer look good. I have a neighbor that spends more on his cameras and lenses than I do on my whole reef tank. If you think about it, since the glass is in the way and you can't get super close for all of these shots, one must use a zoom that compliments the macro lens. Never the less, nice photos blazer88...

Some things you can't do very well without the right tools but just putting a good tool in someone's hands does not make a good product. That goes for just about any craft or profession.

i must say after getting my new lens this weekend, it only amplified my understanding of how important being a skilled photographer affects the pictures, i mean equipment does help but the photographer has to have a lot of skill, and given that Blazer is one of the best i've seen consistantly

you can't even take those pictures without a certain type of lens, yes? a MACRO lens, which some cameras don't even have... I'm not saying he isn't good at using his equipment, but for heavens sakes, without the equipment it isn't even possible to take such pictures? buy a 10$ disposable and take those same shots and tell me its skill that takes good pictures. so we've agreed that it takes a bit of both at the very least? talent and the right equipment. And yes it does allow him to take a more quality picture. Again, it's really neat that he knows how to use expensive equipment.

I think you are confusing 'zoom' with 'telephoto'. Zoom is a lens that has adjustable focal length.

Back