Some Plumbing for Nikki

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

:(

Sadly, the process is continuing...... Hey, Where's my hack saw?

saw? nono Nikki, water, water, you should have it full by now!
so what kind of problems are you having? Do we need pics?

No pics....believe me it broke my heart that there were still leaks. We've come to the conclusion that the bottle of glue was bad.

So does this mean tottal replacement of plumbing? If I had bad glue, I think I'd dump it all and start over.

Yes it does.

The only issue is the plumbing into the MBV - no leaks right now, and I can't replace the whole unit ($$$), so....I'm trying to decide what to do about that. I shouldn't say to replace the unit is expensive, as I'm not sure how much just the ball valve portion costs. I'm going to check on that right now....if I can find it anywhere. The MBV glue doesn't concern me as much as the rest of the plumbing, and we did successfully repair the leaks associated with the MBV, so if I can't find a replacement ball valve for it - I'm not going to cry, as I'm sure it will be fine.

wow Nikki and I was frustrated because of a cracked tank and waiting on another one but good news as I talked to John(IAP) this morning and new tank will be started in a couple of weeks and will PM when it is done or started.

We will make it Nikki darn it! We will be showing off a couple of awesome tanks one day soon.:)

Yea what a heartbreaker. I have glued a few joints in my lifetime, so i think i got the process down. I figure the glue must have been bad, if it is not holding is so many places. Brutal hun, I am sorry. Just weld on the mbv the way I told ya I wouldnt worry about it.

good luck

Mike

Yea at times it can be very tuff but we must push on, you guys will make it, & it will be worth it.

Sorry Nikki, that must have been frusterating.
A setback like that would be totally irritating because it wasnt even your fault!
The plumbing looks all nice and tidy tho. Nice stuff.

WHEW!

Well, the new closed loop is on!!! Yahoo!! Only a lot of explitives, my near broken hand and finger later. (LOL - both are fine, but weren't looking too good underneath the corner of the tank). Here it is - we used the glue Rain R shine (something like that - it's blue) and I wanted the plumbing primed as well....I didn't want to take any chances. So, I'm going to put the little one to bed right now, and hopefully get my little she-beast back up on her perch. I'm going to water test tomorrow evening.....

*Ahem* Yes....I may act like a flake sometimes.....but I'm not that flakey!

Nikki,
I am thinking positive. I think it looks great! When you are done there come on over and help me please?

Back