Soyadrink's (Nelson) 50g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the only way to find that out is to compare the size of your wavebox to the standard Tunze unit, and find out what theirs cycles at.

Good news! Anthias ate some frozen food today(although he was still behind the rocks)

Bad new: I can't find out what the cycles of the tunze waveboxe are.

Also there is no info on how many seconds apart the tunze single controller shuts on and off.
Here is the single controller http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...kers-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~.html

And these are the pumps that work with it:
http://www.fishsupply.com/spw-tz6055.html
http://www.aquacave.com/tunze-turbelle-stream-6080-664.html

I'm more and more wanting the wavebox as I read so much good about it but I might just have to buy the expensive tunze pumps.

I'm more and more wanting the wavebox as I read so much good about it but I might just have to buy the expensive tunze pumps.

Hi,
Just a warning... not all are good news about wavebox:evil:
It's not unusual cracks or complete broken tanks that can't hold the strenght of a wavebox running. You should confirm first if your tank it's able to cope with it.

Btw, my tank it's running....:rolleyes:just pop in and take a look.

Hi,
Just a warning... not all are good news about wavebox:evil:
It's not unusual cracks or complete broken tanks that can't hold the strenght of a wavebox running. You should confirm first if your tank it's able to cope with it.

Btw, my tank it's running....:rolleyes:just pop in and take a look.

I know, but my tank is very well built and I've had a couple of people say that its a strong build. Its acrylic as well so there are probably gonna be no cracks.

Some pics of the new addition. Found himself a little cave in my big rock.
You can also spot my happy little mandarin on the side of the pics(he has grown a lot in the last 2 weeks!)
anthias2.jpg

anthias1.jpg

I got some diamond drill bits if you need, I could let you borrow them. One is a 1 1/2" and the other is a 3/4", perfect for drain and return. You have to pick up though.

Yup, they're for glass. I forgot you have an acrylic tank. I think they would probably work still. You can get spaflex, PVC glue, and misc elbows and valves there. I couldn't find any bulkheads there, but I got a 1 1/2" at ARSA.

tell me what you need and I will help you find it. Your tank is too sweet to screw it up with inferior pats.

So I did a big change on my aquascape. Put everything on acrylic rods so the rocks are "floating" above the sand. I'm going to get some pics tomorrow once everything clears up. also dipped all my SPS in 2 gallons of salt water with 1/8th of a pill interceptor for 30mins. Not much sliming and I was stupid enough to get rid of the water before I checked if there was anything in there. Just gonna have to wait and see

Nelson looking real good DO NOT use spa-flex on your tank I know how much easier it is to use and how much many people like it but it is no where near as reliable as regular PVC. If you need some help plumbing let me know. Also have you thought about just building your own wave controller instead of buying one that way you can set the frequency to what you want. The electronics is easy enough something to consider if you can't find what you want.

Hey mike, nice to see you back on the forum. It would be great if you could help me shop for the right parts and show me where to drill and stuff. That would be awesome!!! Can you PM me your number btw, cause I got a new phone(same number though).

I was thinking that but at the moment I'm considering something else.... I'll let you know once I get a little more time and money on my hands.

I'm going to be upgrading my lights to 250w as well and use the 20k radiums

Thanks Nelson glad to hear things are going good for you as well, I have not been on much due to work we went from 7 guys to 4 now 3 and soon to be 2 so the manpower has dropped but the work is still there. Things are slowing down though for the holiday season not much work happens when nobody wants to do anything plus with the JP merger that has canceled many projects. With all that being said I will be back on much more often participating in the forums as I have the time to chat. I still have not finished my new setup although made a lot of progress. I may go Saturday to the sale and just buy some chromis as money is extremely tight right now but it would add some color back into my very bare looking tank.

Hey Nelson sorry I did not get to talk to you more yesterday let me know when you want to work on your sump we can do all of the plumbing and what not. BTW here is the pic you are trying to post.... Your tank looks great!

3036161320_3723aea215.jpg

Back