Speakers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

its a pump that produces 10, 000 gph and operates on 100 watts of electricity, that is the smaller version. They should be out in September after the patents are done.

jesshimom said:
We dont track Masna meetings Josh, we all have enough to do with our lives, jobs and PSAS without that, at least me! Everyone thought we missed a meeting! Are those finals done yet?

I never said WE missed a meeting... I had only mentioned that -I- had missed a masna meeting to ed one evening. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am confused now, but oh well. I spoke with Josh about possibly updating the psa.org page. Knowing Josh, he probably did that. I am seeing the shops by Poulsbo posting a lot of sales still. I hope things stay hot for August in Poulsbo area.
I am hoping this Months Meeting is a good time for people to chat one on one with other club members. Paul has a awesome store. His offer to raffle a nano and a stand is very giving. Barry also has been very good sponsoring the club. I am sure his new store will be a good example his work, I hope this meeting promotes that. Leng Sy, I have not met him in person. But again I hope he wows the crowd with a new face and different looks in the hobby.
Yes, I still have not heard from Delbeek. He set the date of May 07. That is what he did for me with August this year. So I assume he is planning on it but did not get back to me yet.
Can someone that is familliar with Portland see if we can still piggyback with guest speakers?

Ed,

I think Mark is working with Josh too to get the site up and going. We need to get the sponsors of the picnic on there like we promised them.

If you think Delbeek is a go for that month, I will sketch out a calendar so we can see where we have holes so we can work to get the year firmed up like we had talked about.

We still need a few more speakers.... I know you have talked to a few, any word from them? We also have the Marineland offer that Randy was working on, so if we can't get any other high end speakers, we can throw one of the others is; I always think it's great to have someone new speak.

July and August will be great; I'm certain of that you are right!

OK Guys, We are a team,
So I am going to run things by you as they come in and see how they sound to you.
Here is a prospect for Guest speaker that sounds promising, Again, please give me your oppinion and let me know which month you would like him on if we do it.
Letter I recieved.

Hi Ed-
Frank Marini here. I noted your post for speakers to present at your club meetings. I've done this for a few years now, and if you think your club would be interested in hearing about home breeding of marine ornamental fish, or keeping Fo tanks and/or predatory fish I'm interested. You can review my credentials here at RC, and see that I moderate the fish breeding forum, as well as contribute to the online magazines. I recently presented at MARS (sacremento CA) and they found the fish breeding presentation very useful and stimulating.
Anyway, just letting you know-if your interested- so am I.
Thanks
frank

Yes I think it's great; someone new..... Let me sketch out what we have so far including the dive presentation and perhaps the seahorse presentation if we can convince Wink (Vicki)..... then we can see what months are available.

Hi,

I've been working on the site, just got the banner fit in, in the top right corner. Tell me if this site works for you:

http://www.reefpress.com/psas - Once you OK it, I will upload it to thepsas.org :D

I haven't yet added the banner to that site, but will once I have all the sponsors in the randomizer list.

-Josh-:cool:

Message passed to me from Jon at Northstaraquatics..

Under The Sea Online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed, Not sure but perhaps you could pass this on to the appropriate board member. Under the Sea Online in Mt Vernon is interested in hosting a meeting. I didn't make any promises but offered to pass this on.
Here's more info: http://undertheseaonline.com/

Thanks,
Jon

Let me know what you think, another person wanting to have a meeting at his store.
Ed

Just so everyone is in the know on this....This is not new....Under the Sea has been asking us to have a meeting there for some time now, but they offer nothing in return. He was going to participate in the vendor expo then backed out. It's a long way north for the majority of the membership (my opinion anyway).

I would push him hard for a donation/BIG sale/raffle/etc. if you are going to have a meeting there...IMHO

i noticed they arent RF sponsors anymore, yeah i talked to the owner several times but he was all talk, no action, so i just decided i would wait until he contacted us... but i will try again to see if he's ready to pony up yet:)

jetaero said:
Hi,

I've been working on the site, just got the banner fit in, in the top right corner. Tell me if this site works for you:

http://www.reefpress.com/psas - Once you OK it, I will upload it to thepsas.org :D

I haven't yet added the banner to that site, but will once I have all the sponsors in the randomizer list.

that looks great josh!! i really like the way it looks! i'll pm you with an outline of the next few meeting so you can update the left margin, and i'll find out if colleen has written anything for the evite yet.
thanks again for taking time out of your life to do this, i know what a bitch it is:)

skimerwhisperer said:
that looks great josh!! i really like the way it looks! i'll pm you with an outline of the next few meeting so you can update the left margin, and i'll find out if colleen has written anything for the evite yet.
thanks again for taking time out of your life to do this, i know what a bitch it is:)

thanks... got the write up you sent. Will insert it.

Sorry I hadn't had the time to get started sooner.

Is that a go to use the new site over the old one?

I'm waiting to hear from Barry regarding his address and what he decided to "do" at the meeting so it can be included on the evite. I sent him an email yesterday morning.

As far as I"m concerned Josh, you are free to do whatever works for you and the site, etc. You are, afterall, the PSAS webmaster and you know what works best. SO what do what you think is best and if it's ready it's ready.... :) Ditto what Mark said thanks for making the time, I know how much time can get eaten up giving an hour here or there with all the things we all have in our lives.

What do you guys think, should We get Frank?

Which monthes would be available for Frank Marini if we got him? Again, do we want to take advantage of his knowledge of raising ornamental fish? I told him I would get back to him ASAP.
Thanks in Advance,
Ed:)

Back