Sps coral source

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fishermann

I now live in Ark. and am looking for a source in say Texas, Ls., Tenn., Missouri, that stocks larger heads of sps corals, no one in Ark. does. I want to be able to see the corals before buying. I tried online but they came in busted up after Fedex got done playing soccer with the box. I am willing to drive to and buy in person. Thanks

Your best bet may be local reefers near you. Is there a regional club in your area? That would be your best resource and WAY cheaper.

Yes I belong to the local club, but no one is willing to take a big head of sps out and sell it, atleast I wouldn't and haven't had the nerve to ask.

who are you ordering online with?
In my experience i have never had packages banged up to the point where corals get crushed could happen but constantly i doubt it! the only worries ive run into is temp issues, which will be a problem depending if the seller know's how to ship in risky weather! Mostly all my purchases are online and fed ex is by far the best to deal with as far as shipping goes!

Last edited:
Have you tried Drs Foster and Smith? I have been ordering from them for years. They have a great selection of SPS and their arrive alive policy is outstanding IMO. The certified captive grown corals come with a 30day guarantee, others are 14 days. If something dies just call them and they will issue you and instant refund. I have done it many times and have never had a problem. Their customer service is second to none in my experience.

So I know this response is a little late, but do you have an LFS you have a good relationship with in your hometown? If so let me know. There is a certain supplier with a great source for larger Maricultured SPS colonies. They are some of the nicer colonies we get but availability can be limited. They are currently shipping product again. PM me if you want me to forward the info to you. Maybe you can convince your LFS to bring a box in for you.

Here's a picture of a shipment we received a couple years ago.

SurabayaAcros.jpg

LOL...that was a shipment we got a couple years ago. This source stopped shipping for over a year but they are back. We are receiving 12 pieces on either Monday or Tuesday.

Back