Starting my 150

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mal1099

Well after almost a year in a small tank 24 inch cube i got myself a 150 gallon aga today. Man those things are wicked heavy. Got the tank and stand atm and ill be getting my plumbing and sump in the next few weeks. Already see my poor tang day dreaming at that 6 foot tank. Ill post pics once i get it on the stand.

Going to be sweeeet, give me a call if you need a little extra muscle or a hand with plumbing as I'm only maybe 10 minutes away.

Todd

Yeah, I know what you mean by heavy. When me and a buddy set up my 90 gal glass, I thought it really weight a ton.

i moved a 220 and decided to keep the sand in it... i think i put 20 years of aging on my back with that move

Im going to be running 3 400watt halides. ordered them today should have in a few. Ill take some pics in a few days for you lvsuckerfish. my camera sucks. Sump wont be done till mid next week.

Well i know no photos yet have to go get them transfered to a cd to upload them still. Tank is on the stand and lighting is up and running. Man living in an apartment with a big tank sucks i had to go thru all my circuits to find a place to put the tank. Its in the dinning room / fish room now. sump should be done today then 3 days and water goes into the tank. Purchased a swc 250 today and it will be in next week. Photos to come sometime this week promise....

I know what you mean on living in an apt and finding a good circuit. Im lucky that in our family/ hobby room it has its own dedicated 20 amp circuit. and congrats on the tank. we still want pics lol

She is being filled with water atm :) 75 gpd ro filters suck lol .. should be full by thursday im hoping.

Apartment! Wow... good luck with that big monster. I will watch this thread. Does your landlord approve? or know? Insurance? Not to put a damper on things but a couple of things to have resolved. For the build... game on, I will tag along. Pics please.

frequently, adjacent receptacles will be on differing circuits. That would help you out with getting some juice for your tank. plug in a simple table lamp and then cycle the circuit breaker to check it out.

For all you people that say pics or its not real i pick up the cd tomorrow and will be uploading them when i get off work..

wow fired up the 400s with my 250 on my smaller tank on and they make the 250 look dim as heck lol

Back