Steven's Mixed Reef! (lots of pics)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Gabby!

Damsel - If you find it, you let me know! :eek:

I just bought an octopus NW 110 and already love it. After messing with my past skimmers on a daily baisis to get them dialed in right, this skimmer is boring. I cant wait to get home and see what kind of gunk it has produced after one day. :D

good stuff like that aquascaping very much nanos are awsome but pretty expensive to start up around here cant get nice pre-built one like that here for cheap they are normally very pricey

hows the pipe fish go with the other fish like ur clowns?

Thanks!

The pipe does awesome. He really just stays out of everyones way. My biggest fear was that my sebae was going to get him.(knock on wood)

Oh yeah, and i love it. I pull a full cup, when skimming dry, every three or four days! I may be able to stop by today if you are available to drop of that other "garbage piece of @#$%" I mean plastic.

I just gotta show off the new addition to the reef.

Here are the pics! She looks a little skinny, but I will have Dori fattened up in no time...
HPNX0385.jpg

HPNX0384.jpg

HPNX0383.jpg

No, but she was cheap for a blue tang. I did my usual over feeding last night and she ate like a pig. So she went to bed with a FULL belly. I am confident that i will be able to get her to pull around.

So yeah, the tang didnt make it. It never got any ich, i just turned out the lights Sat. and never seen it since.

But on a good note, the new deresa clam is doing great!

My new 75!

Here is the new 75. I have not added anything but a few fish from the old 36 gal bowfront. It is hard to believe that all of this rock fit in my 36. For lighting, i have not added anything yet. The 250 halide is over the right side of the tank and there are two 65watt pc's over the left side. Let me know what you think!

HPNX0408.jpg

HPNX0409.jpg

HPNX0410.jpg

HPNX0411.jpg

HPNX0412.jpg

HPNX0413.jpg

HPNX0414.jpg

HPNX0415.jpg

HPNX0416.jpg

Wrasses?

Hey Steven, I thought the Leapard wrasses were live food only? Tough to keep. Will the tank sustain two of them? What are you feeding? Adding pods? Live food? BTW the rock layout looks really nice. Open with what looks like lots of caves. Can't believe all that was in the bowfront!! :shock:

Thanks Ilham - They dont bother anyone. But they do stand there ground when my female clown tries to push them away.

Hey Rick- Thanks for the compliment. The wrasses are primarily live food eaters. I have a very healthy pod population and just for good measures, I got a bunch of cheato from Tracy to give the pods a boost. They are eating just about anything that i put in the tank like formula one and two pellets, spirlena(i think thats how you spell it), and any frozen food like brine and mysis. Every once in a while, they will even chase down a flake or two. I have been talking to Lee and I am going to prepare a menu of whole foods for them from his recomendations. You should stop by and check it out!

Wow I love your 75gal. It looks great. I am thinking the pistol shrimp is not a favorite? I was wondering why?

Thanks Damsel - The pistol shrimp that i had was very agressive. In the 75, he decided to make his burrow under the rock that the nem is attached to. So you could only imagine the battles that him and the female clown had. It was actualy funny to watch. the shrimp would push a bunch of sand out and the clown would fan her tail and fill the hole back up. at one point, the clown grabbed the shrimp by his claw and tried to drop it in the middle of the nem. I ended up taking the shrimp out so he would bother my leopard wrasses or any of my other small rock dwellers.

Hey Steven - the new 75 looks great! I bet you also enjoy not bumping your hands on the rock during cleaning time to. Those lepord wrasses are just lovely - I really, really like them.

Back