Success!!! power blue!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

punky34

Thanks to all your info and support, my first success story for the powder blue tang!~!~ I had a 60 gal reef tank and killed 2 powder blues to my dismay. After asking and receiving many many inputs on how to be humane and technical I have built a 100 gal tank with 150 gal water capacity (refug and box) my recent powder blue tang is thriving and happy....per attached images.

going on a month now for the PBT - 3 rd day showed some ich but haven't seen a sign of an outbreak or trace of ich on him. He/she is eating like a pig, not shy, color is great and getting fat. happy happy happy.

The new tank was allowed to settle for over 2 months with pre-existing water, rock, sand and coral from my 60 gal which was 4 months old...total of going on 7 months maturity.

Last edited:
You are off to a good start, but I wouldn't claim success until you've had him at least a year. Keep up the good work.

If you saw some Ich that means there is some in your system. If you can, I would suggest setting up a QT and breaking the cycle now.

Thanks...I've tried the qt, but I get sea water from LFS and it seems to just continue...no outbreaks for a month, I'll keep an "eye" out and take ur advice, if it continues anytime in the future..i'll have to set one up again. thank u for the advice.

Back