Swifty's 265 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ntswift

mako shark
Well its finally time to get this beast up and running. I went to home depot the other day and got all the lumber to build the stand. In the mean time my wife and I have been moving in to our new house. Some how moving our stuff took priority over building my stand so I started that today. :doubt: Anyway, so I took everything down to the basement to start building it and discovered that my basement floor is pretty uneven. (I'll post pics tomorrow. Sorry!) Well after I adjusted that then I got 6 screws in and my battery died on my drill. :mad: Fun times, fun times....Well I just wanted to get this thing started so I can start adding pics soon!

Matt

Congrats on the new house. Hope your tank comes together quick and all your livestock makes it into the new tank. I'll be following along waiting for pics and updates as this progresses. Good luck, think slow, measure twice and cut once.

LOL...Me too! Just got the RO/DI unit together and pumping out some water. Thanks again Les! That thing is a beast. Next hopefully I will be able to finish the stand tonight. Salt comes tomorrow. I also got 200lbs of base rock from Marco Rocks coming on Thursday and some 400w(2) and 250w(2) 14k Hamilton bulbs and reflectors coming as well. Now just to get every thing for the plumbing....Pics tomorrow. Thought I could tonight but my phone wont download the pics on my computer.

hahaha soon enough! Hopefully Thursday or Friday I can do that! Thanks all for the congrats and I will keep you posted more later. For now I think 3 Dewalt Philips head bits snapping on me is enough to call it quits for tonight...One side of the stand done, the other half done. Time for bed to let me drill charge up and go buy more bits!

uneven basement challenges...before...

after..

yeah I drilled the holes last night after the 3rd one breaking. killed my drill again so now I am going to finish it today hopefully.

In your Flickr site, you're probably "right clicking" on the thumbnail view. First, click on the photo, so it opens in it's own window. Then, you're also given options to view larger. If you view larger, the picture will show up larger. Right click on the photo and then click on "copy image location." This will automatically produce the IMG tags you need. Then, once in the forum, click on the picture frame icon, in your response window and paste the image location, into that box.

OR, if you want, you can type in the IMG tags. You would need [IMG*]image location[/IMG*] (remove the *s, and your pictures "image location" would go where I typed "image location.)

Last edited:
Back