Swifty's 265 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

4812180165_f4b29e6b57_b.jpg

lets try this again, again...

Okay so this is the beast RO/DI unit that I got from Les.

ntswift;563099 lets try this again said:
You got it but dont use the big one ending in _b. They turn out to grainy with the camera phone pics. You can just edit out the _b on the end of the file name if its easier.

Don

Last edited:
Future home for the tank.
4812167695_b842dd7a86_b.jpg

basement challenges
4812165117_31681437db_b.jpg

finished the back side though
4812791374_2e49109445_b.jpg

4812175375_5bbcc1dcfd_b.jpg

and of course the stupid bits or stupid operator who broke them...
4812176327_a92656f2fd_b.jpg

here's one more of the tank
4812198231_70936ee3dd_b.jpg

Its a 200 GPD RO unit with an additional DI unit at the bottom. It is pretty massive though. The RO unit that is!

Okay so the stand is done and I have 3 of the 4 holes drilled in the tank for the return for the closed loop. One question though. Should I have two intake holes for it or do you think one would suffice? They are 1 1/2" holes by the way with a Dolphin ampmaster 7500 driving the closed loop.

Sweet man im glad all is well with ya and its finally time :D

Looking great so far ! I especially like your long filters LOL

I know how you are feeling right now !! just slow down and take a breath
hahaha

Thanks guys! Yeah its been a long time coming and at this point I'm go go go until it gets up and running. I'm tired of waiting! :) But yes, I do need to slow down and take a breath and then keep going! hhaha

Okay so the stand is done and I have 3 of the 4 holes drilled in the tank for the return for the closed loop. One question though. Should I have two intake holes for it or do you think one would suffice? They are 1 1/2" holes by the way with a Dolphin ampmaster 7500 driving the closed loop.

If you have two inlet holes you will have less "suction" than just one - which could help keep your fish from getting sucked in :)

Plus, its just another way to add flow - the pump will only be able to output what it inputs, so if you restrict the input too much, you will have less flow on your outputs as well.

If you have two inlet holes you will have less "suction" than just one - which could help keep your fish from getting sucked in

Plus, its just another way to add flow - the pump will only be able to output what it inputs, so if you restrict the input too much, you will have less flow on your outputs as well.

Good point!

Nanoreefer411- Yes, I was extremely angry too that night! There is only so much beating down a man can take! hahaha Oh well I'm done with that part now! On to the plumbing!

Back