Tang harassing new addition

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I do not have THAT many years experience and my catching usually involves emptying out the tank to catch the fish LOL

I have been keeping and catching fish for 30 years. :) If you need some lessons I would be happy to help vinny :D

Yeah, definitely one of the most trying experiences catching a captive fish. Back from pizza and the lights are out, and all is calm. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I can start focusing on his diet... And the Mandarin's too!

Oh yeah the pizza and vino was just great.

Last edited:
Well, day three and pretty happy to see the CBB cruising the tank picking at the rocks and more or less accepted by the Tang. He still gets a little chased but the Tang isn't nearly as aggressive so I think all is well. Going to have to stock more reef pods and hope the CBB will start eating mysis. No luck so far on that though.

Glad to see their getting along for the most part now.
Keep us updated on the feeding. If it go's to long without eating food you provide you may need to change up types of food. Pod's are just not going to cut it with a fish that large. Also I would stop adding pods for a while and try to force it to eat other foods.

Glad to see their getting along for the most part now.
Keep us updated on the feeding. If it go's to long without eating food you provide you may need to change up types of food. Pod's are just not going to cut it with a fish that large. Also I would stop adding pods for a while and try to force it to eat other foods.

The CBB is actually quite small (about 2.5in). I haven't added any live pods for months. I am trying mysis and tiggerpods as food. I will feel even better if he gives them a try soon. He did poke at the mysis at the LFS so I am hopeful.

Back