Tangs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

are they really yellow? like the tail? If so thats sweet, I've never seen one.

From the pictures that i've seen in books the yellow is very yellow on their bellies. I don't know if it gets brighter with age or duller?

yes, they do get brighter than this one..mine is in a small qt tank right now(stressful)...his colors will most likely brighten when he is completely healed and in a larger tank

(knock on wood) My tangs have given me a few grey hairs with diseases and what not but, they all look terrific after a few months. I get a lot of compliments on my BT hes my baby pig.

Thats what i love about BTs. I always picture my BT as one of the superfans from SNL. Like my BT just swims around all day thinking to himself "Ditka........ Polish Sausage........ Ribs......... Ditka.....da bears.."

you didn't get it..i was talking about when Chris Farley has the heart attacks frfom eating all of that on those skits!!!!!LOL

two of my BT's are kind of skiddish....my yellowbelly will eat out of my hand!!

I'm afraid to get my fingers to close to my BTs mouth. Hes like pacman on crack when food is in the water. He swims around so fast i'm surprised he hasn't swam into other fish or rocks. So yeah when i feed my tang i keep my hands out of the tank.

i don't think that they can do any harm with their teeth...if i am wrong, that will suck!!LOL..i watch that tail spike though!! any time i put anything in the water, my two small hippos hide..the yellowbelly goes up to it to investigate!

i have only seen two, including mine...i just saw the second one last week..it was probably 7-8 inches..it was huge!!..they had it in a 15-20g tank...they also had a powder blue that was in the same size tank..it was swimming from one side of the tank to the other as fast as it could...i felt sorry for the guy!! i probably would have made a stupid impulse buy if he had been for sale...it was pretty sad looking...for some reason, he wasn't for sale..i think they were holding it for someone..it wasn't because of poor health...this store will sell you a fish floating on its side...i never shop there..i stop in and see the fish..they carry some of the harder to find and more exotic looking fish!

Back