Tank turned 41 years old

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The MH light on the left side of my tank has lost it's color, this is the second time this has happened with these lamps. The lamp is much less than a year old.

I will replace the lights and I really need to re aquascape. There is some room in the rear of the tank and I want to get the rocks more to the back so the gorgonians are not squashed up against the rocks.

The tank is 6' long but only 14" front to back.

At the time when I got this tank in the 70s it was considered huge.

newcorals002.jpg

Hey Paul, a beautiful new Leopard Wrasse would surely take care of those little snails for you. My Ornate Leopard has done an exceptional job of it. Plus what better excuse is there to get a new fish than "My tank needs it"

Todd

I didn't feed my reef for three days because we were not home due to my Daughter's wedding but the animals didn't seem to mind. The half dead corals I got from a LFS that went out of business are doing well and seem to be re covering. I got them almost free so if they die, it is no great monitary loss. They just make my tank not look as healthy as it should look. In a few months those corals should look as good as new.
I really need to do some work on this tank but it will have to wait until winter, just too busy now. Some of the structure collapsed towards the front glass and the extra corals were just put in there, but there was really no room for them. I have to re-aquascape to fit everything. The gobies and pipefish are still spawning and everything looks good. Many new feather dusters sprang up all over the place and the two SPS are growing well as are the gorgonians including one sick one I got from that LFS.
That gorgonian and small green coral are against the front glass as is the rock
2006-1.jpg

THanks loohunter, but it needs some work. The rockwork is very fragile, the entire structure is only supported in a few places by thin concrete pillars that look like rocks.
I will have to remove the corals and most of the rock to fix it. It will be done in the winter when I have an entire day.

COOl... i like that paul...

It upsets me when people kill crabs because they fear or dont want a fish killed...

He's just trying to live

It looks more like the second picture but it is not that either. It is just a common red fiddler crab I think. They are very common on a reef.

Fiddler crab huh. I'll have to look into those. Hes cool. Really adds a little more color and activity to the tank. I love the little critters.

Thats when its cool, when you see them. Depending on how big your tank is, could be a long time before you see it again. But it will be kinda exciting when you do.

I've been thinking about getting another fish for one of my tanks. Maybe I will look for some cool critters instead.

Back