Tank turned 41 years old

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Good to hear. I hope they do well for you. I understand what you mean about them interacting with each other. They usually don't get along very well with each other. That little frown on their face shows their real demeanor.

This pair should spawn any time now. The male on the right keeps pushing his very pregnant babe to the back into the nest then when he gets her there he pushes her against the rocks to lay eggs.
She is almost ready but not quite yet and I can tell by her expression that he is going to be sleeping on the other side of the tank if he doesen't leave her alone.

Gobieggs006.jpg

Here is another pregnant gobi. I don't think she is too pregnant and I diden't even think the pair was the same species but I guess they know better than I do.
Gobieggs005-1.jpg

Gobieggs010.jpg

I am thinking that gobi is just fat.
Here is another thing I found in there today. I am sure all older tanks have a bunch of these tubeworms

Gobieggs004-1.jpg

I took some pictures with the new 14m,000k lamps as opposed to my 5 year old 10,000K lamps.

I especially like how all the scratches show up on my old glass :eek:

Wholetank14000K017.jpg

Wholetank14000K028.jpg

Wholetank14000K023.jpg

All five of the bumblees are doing great. They occasionally swim out in the front but usually hang out behind something. They don't get along with each other and keep a few inches apart. They are eating baby brine, live worms and mysis. They developed little pot bellies and lost that pale store look.
Gobieggs007.jpg

Good to hear. I might be buying 1 or 2. They seem to be seasonal where I live so it won't happen for a couple months. I'm sure I'll be asking you again how they are when that rolls around.

Awesome paul! i had no idea bumblebees could live in pure SW. I've always loved them. I'm curious, how long did you acclimate them? My LFS has some and i think they would be perfect for my nano since they are sooo tiny.

I caught my urchin steeling one of my corals, he was walking away like I would not notice.
Being, he did not pay for it, I took it away from him. Let him buy his own coral. :D

He's also got a couple of mud snails up there

Slug008.jpg

I also discovered two of these slugs, the larger one is about 2" long. I don't know where they came from as I have not put in any rock in about 25 years. I think they are being beemed in from another dimension. :lol:

Slug005.jpg

Back