Tap Water TDS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Unincorporated* King County, between Bothell and Kirkland : 22
Thank you, Northshore Util. Dist.! :)

*And PROUD of it, hope it stays that way!

I have to wonder how all of these people in neighboring areas have much lower TDS. I mean treehugger is literally right down the road and bothell is more or less just a stones throw. Strange....guess I'm just lucky.

Reedman,

your reading is 120? are you with Alderwood Water ??

Yes, I am. That's why I am so confused. And my output water is reading 0 TDS so I think the meter is good. Could try my other meter to see if I get a different reading, but this one is brand new.

hmmm...wow..baffling..

I have a brand new HD TDS 3 Meter you are more than welcome to use for additional tests.

im off tomorrow, and going to a CU in lynnwood, then going to ARSA..while im out i could stop by.

let me know.

hmmm...wow..baffling..

I have a brand new HD TDS 3 Meter you are more than welcome to use for additional tests.

im off tomorrow, and going to a CU in lynnwood, then going to ARSA..while im out i could stop by.

let me know.

I appreciate it....I do. Since my output is 0 I don't think I am going to worry about it. I'm going to try my other TDS meter and see if the numbers are any different. Could be a bad sensor on a new meter....happens. If I get the same on the other meter I may take you up on the offer.

Thanks!

We get 29-33 out of our tap water here in Granite Falls. I measured the filtered fridge water and it was exactly the same. Maybe it needs a new filter but it does taste better.

Brian

We get 29-33 out of our tap water here in Granite Falls. I measured the filtered fridge water and it was exactly the same. Maybe it needs a new filter but it does taste better.

Brian

Your filtered water just goes thru a carbon filter - really won't do much on the TDS side of things.... I've played around testing with my water filters and running them through only takes 5 PPM or so off :) definitely not a viable solution if you don't have RO/DI

Does prove that those off the shelf water filters are all a marketing ploy though :lol:

I appreciate it....I do. Since my output is 0 I don't think I am going to worry about it. I'm going to try my other TDS meter and see if the numbers are any different. Could be a bad sensor on a new meter....happens. If I get the same on the other meter I may take you up on the offer.

Thanks!

You might go over to your next door neighbor's house and ask for a glass of water, and check theirs. It could be something as simple (?!!) as a problem with your water feed line coming into the house. Maybe you've got a leak/break somewhere and gunk is leaching into your system? Just thinkin' out loud...

You might go over to your next door neighbor's house and ask for a glass of water, and check theirs. It could be something as simple (?!!) as a problem with your water feed line coming into the house. Maybe you've got a leak/break somewhere and gunk is leaching into your system? Just thinkin' out loud...

Boy that would suck. But my bill has not been outrageous and the usage has remained the same for 5 years now (within tolerances). We'll see. I will test another outlet in the house and also use a different meter.

Going to the next door neighbor or even someone (you know obviously) on the next block from you sound like a good idea. might want to take all 3 measure devices as well.

Reed Mine is 23 in Bothell Near You.

My RODI unit was 120 output at one time.

Obviously The filters were toast And I decided to go Just DI and it brings it to 1 or 2 close enoghp to zero and no water waste :)

Also allot Faster to Get ready for water changes!!

Paul

"How fast will your tap water flow through a DI unit? "

Don't know exactly but it fills 35 gallons in I would guess 40 minutes or less

Paul

Back