thatguys 120g build.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thatguy559

okay so im going to start my build thread.

120g glass dual overflow 48"lx24"wx24"t
dual pfo 250w ballast with coralvue reflux 12k bulbs (xm 15k bulbs in the mail)
lights are housed in 2 large lumenbright reflectors. mounted to a light pole/rail i made.
SWC 180 cone skimmer
sump custom built 36"lx24"wx20"t
depending on how much room i have left under the tank will determine my fuge size
reeflo dart for a return pump
vortech mp40
2x 400 watt heaters
aqua jr controller
i have about 250lbs of lr from my previous tanks and about 200lbs of sand

here are a couple pictures this might be a slow build depending on how long it takes for my sump to be built.

CIMG1198.jpg

CIMG1197.jpg

these are now painted black
CIMG1196.jpg

true true i have learned a lot from my previous builds that i decided to take my time on this one. thanks

Can't wait to watch this one go from boxes to a full running reef. Let me know when the help is needed.

WooHoo! Gotta love the start. I can't wait to get a do over, and use all the stuff I learned the first go around. I also have the 2x2x4 120, I love that footprint.
I'm also available if you need a hand, not hard to convince me to put the top down and make the drive to Oak Harbor now that the weather is getting nice.

-Todd

Hey these are the grow lights I was telling you about. I have an extra one for you. Let me know.
DSC00060.jpg

A picture of my powder brown tang, looking like a highliter orange tang.
DSC00062.jpg

All these local build threads makes me want to go out and get a bigger tank too =)

hmmm.... I wonder if the wife would okay that one :D

I will be following along and if you need help let me know and I'll lend a hand.

- Ryan

I tell you what I was stationed at NAS whidbey..
VAQ 129 I see all of your north enders and island goers I miss it..
Gotta catch a farry one day and make an island sweep to check out all of your cool stuff.

Glad to see that you made it up there to oak harbor, and that you that 120. :) and slow is always better makes sure it goes smooth.

bored today so i decided to do some aquascaping let me know what you think :D

here is a front shot
CIMG1257.jpg

somewhat from the top
CIMG1258.jpg

from the top down
CIMG1259.jpg

side shot
CIMG1262.jpg

dont mind the black foam (great stuff pond) that will be covered up before it is all set up

Looks good. The shelves are going to give you lots of room for corals. So did you put the tank up already? Let me know if you need some one to get in your way. I am good at that.

nope not yet the tank is still sitting on the floor just waiting for the sump so that i can install it and then put the tank on. i will let you know when im ready to put the tank on the stand.

Looks good. The shelves are going to give you lots of room for corals. So did you put the tank up already? Let me know if you need some one to get in your way. I am good at that.

I'm good at that too and would like to meet you. Plus, I like to look at other people's rock so I can go home and re-aquascape my tank :D Hopefully I can keep it like this for a while.

Hey Ryan, shouldn't you be working or something like that. You are using up all of the bandwidth over here. The computer Nazi's are going to rain down from the ceiling.

Back