thatguys 120g build.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dude was meaning to tell you that your tank looks almost psycadelic with the LEDs on. Talking about LED's I ordered mine as well and it is going to be a LED building party at my house.

here is a fixed picture some color rendering learning how to use photoshop c4. this is the closest i can get it to the real colors of this tank
photochopped.jpg

new update got my plasma light in i have a new issue that is gonna force me to buy a rimless 120g tank. you can see buy the pictures
this is at 100%
_DSC0427.jpg

_DSC0422.jpg

_DSC0423.jpg

all these pictures are unedited straight from the camera

Ouch!!! That center brace is a killer!! I had the same problem on my 75gal, but not quite that bad. I guess it is because my light wasn't centered over the tank right above the brace like your is. Apart from that, I am impressed with how much light that little thing is giving off. That's insane!!! Is that your only light??. :)

Why buy a new tank??

I agree
Why buy a new tank?
Buy a new light. Why have just one when you can have 2 at twice the price. Besides you will probably not be running it at 100% most of the time anyway. Running 2 at 70% to get the color in there would be sweet.

I was thinking more of building a beefed up outside brace and then cutting out the center brace??

Mojo

I think the tank looks awesome. The camera takes away from the view. See it in person. It is a very crisp and clean light. Like swimming through Hanauma bay. I really like the output, and the little to nothing heat.

This is a picture of me next to my 1.7 gigawatt upgrade.
light_bulb_0901thumbnail.jpg

I agree
Why buy a new tank?
Buy a new light. Why have just one when you can have 2 at twice the price. Besides you will probably not be running it at 100% most of the time anyway. Running 2 at 70% to get the color in there would be sweet.

the new tank will cost 400 dollars less then buying another light. i like the color of the light already. these lights cost $1070 each.

the reason why i got this is because its 290watts i was running 500w of mh so that would defeat the purpose of me changing to plasma.

Last edited:
Why buy a new tank??

I agree
Why buy a new tank?

Don't listen to them, Thatguy559!

The tank's center brace is blocking the new Plasma Arc light fixture. It's obvious which one's gotta go---the tank, of course! Don't you see that he now has an excuse to upgrade to a brand new rimless braceless tank!? ;)

In all seriousness, this is an awesome tank, and would look even better with the new plasma light fixture hanging over a rimless 120g!

not sure i want to do that i wouldnt even know where to begin

What it is, is basically a beefed up outer top brace. With the extra re-enforcement you wouldnt need the center brace. The way to make it happen is to do a very tight measurement of the outside rim that is already in place. From their you would take your spec to any weilding shop and have them fabricate it. Bring it home,paint it ,apply silicone to the inside on the lip and glue it into place. Once done you would just cut the center brace out.

Mike

okay so i decided that im going to retrofit a lumenarc reflector into my plasma setup. the reflector they supplied is not enough spread for me. there are several diy's for this on rf. i also bought 2 coral sky led modules royal blue these are extremely bright lit my 30' room no problem. blinded the wife from 20 feet away!!!lol. hopefully gonna start that project this weekend. i will post pics when im done

Back