the 350 (semi in wall)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kreidler

so i was at the lfs and the wife has a thing for the rocks he sells but didnt see anything she liked, sooo the owner says he has more out back she can look at .... lo and behold there are 2 tanks on the ground and he says 1 of em is for sale, i hurridly pull her to the side and say ZOMG i want !!!
After a few minutes of talking to him i get a price and its a flat steal so i run next door to the uhaul shop , rent a truck and im off, now mind you im not one for being able to keep up a full build thread and my wood working skills are subpar by best but i do have a few pics id like to share

my niece doing a little cleaning
my son and nephew kicking sand around
what i ended up with

Last edited:
got any more pics? and if you dont go take some because i know everyone else is going to ask:lol::lol:

looks great by the way aswome job!!!

also what do you have running it equipment whise (what size sump, powerheads or closed loop, lights, corals, fish,

ahh im very interested i just got a 300 and was planning something similar i would to see more pics about the set up and how its working out

got any more pics? and if you dont go take some because i know everyone else is going to ask:lol::lol:

looks great by the way aswome job!!!

also what do you have running it equipment whise (what size sump, powerheads or closed loop, lights, corals, fish,

equipment wise :
350 gal tank
2- 2" overflows
1- 1" return
mag 9 return pump
65 gal sump
closed loop
1 panworld ps250
1 dolphin ampmaster 2600
remote 55 gal refugium
msx 200 skimmer (will be getting the 300 later on )
2 seio 2600's
125 to 150 lbs live rock
lighting:
1- 175 watt MH 20k
2- 250 watt MH 14k
2- 110 watt actinic vhos

aqua controller jr

i have the 2 seio 2600's on the dc8 for wavemaking

I was aslo able to dedicate 2 20 amp breakers to the tank room and have everthing on gfci's
live stock wise i have a few leathers ,paliys, zoas, 1 rbta , open brain, orange cauliflower, kenya trees, gsp and bsp, cpl of hairy mushrooms, mushrooms, banded shrimp, engineer goby, lawnmower blenny, 3 green cromis, 2 blue damsels, 1 maroon clown , 1 false clown fish

there is still soooo much to do..... more live rock, better lighting setup , route cords more efficiant etc etc but i will get there in time ;)

heres my boy helping cut the wall out :) , i will try and get some pics of the tank room today

also what do you mean by semi in wall?

it acually sits in the tank room against the wall not in it because of the tank shape i thought it would look better, because if i actually put it in the wall i would have had to move the door over :eek:

Back