The beast is dead!! long live the Newer Beast??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Way to go Mikey! can't wait to see a rebirth of the Beast. Maybe come down and give you a hand with the aquascaping to get a bit more experience with the Marco Rock as may end up going that route with my new system. I have some cool ideas in aquascaping that the Marco Rock would be perfect for. Have fun in Cali at Reef-a-Palooza and give me a shout when you get back.

Cheers, Todd

I was thinking more of a current shot for the before.

Good luck pal, LOL just picture rock covered in aiptasia, manjoni and every other pest you get when you dont do any maintenance. Oh like the new Avatar!!! I see you moved it a little closer to the house!:eek:

Mojo

The little tank I have that I put all dead cleaned rock was the best I've ever had as far is issues. Thanks for the pictures, good to see what you once had and can't wait to see the results when your new tank build matures with these beautiful corals again! You put the MOJO back into the Tank! :D

I'm gald to hear that you tested the marco Rocks for Nitrates and phospates. I've decided for awhile now that my next build was going to use Marco Rocks to avoid all of the valonia in my current system.

Nick

Also, the Qwik Crete water stop mix in the green label works just as well as Thorite and is easier to find in my neck of the woods.

I've been using both for the past 3 years with no ill effects.

Just be sure to rough up any smooth surface that the cement mix goes on, as it will slough off of PVC and acrylic that isnt heavily worked over for it to get a grip on. Also, no need to cure for months on end before using to avoid pH spikes.

Nick

Probably bigger and higher tech then the ginormous zoom lens on the camera in your avatar...

Haha, pay back is a *****. Remember, you have to spend all weekend with me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ok so first is the leds, now this is a rough drawing but I think you will get the idea

LED_FIXTURE1.jpg

Ok so on the top their will be six 1 foot by 8 inch heat sinks and each of them will have 24 Cree leds consisting of blues, cool whites, royal blues all with Carclo wides for optics. So they will be connected to each other via an Al. rail and then each will have a ball joint mount so they can be swiveled and put at degrees. From their their will be some rails that will extend out towards the front of the tank and I will have three 24x4 inch heat sinks that will have 48 leds mounted, on here it will be cool whites, blues and then a few reds and greens, same optics but none on the reds or greens all cree again to.

So the total is going to be 218 leds. What I want to do is to extent the larger heat sinks out to the front of the tank and then angle them so they light the whole rock face, this should widen the spread of the lights and then eliminate the "whats under the coral gets no light issues" and it will also blend the colors better that are shining from above. On the lights that will be directly above the rockwork I want them mounted on the swivel ball brackets so I cn angle them directly onto where I want them and the with a slight angel toward each other I can better blend then into each other I figure this will create a kind of over all coverage thing so I dont have to worry about spread??

anyway thats the plan anyhooo lol

Mojo

Also, the Qwik Crete water stop mix in the green label works just as well as Thorite and is easier to find in my neck of the woods.

The concept was just to use it to fill the joint between the prime cuts that I will be siliconed to the glass on the side and then in various areas on the tank floor. So not alot of that, maybe a bit for rock to rock to.

Whats the plan for a skimmer?

Nothing yet Don, I found a new diffuser that puts out bubbles that are .5 of a mm, so unreal small (which is better for skimming) so I ordered one and I am going to play with it, if it works then I will have to make a few mods to my skimmer to make it work. I will post that up when I get it figured out.

Haha, pay back is a *****. Remember, you have to spend all weekend with me.
So you want to drive down in the Box what....??? lol

Love the new avatar fits well except hey is holding the phone to his ear

Guess he must be talking to you?? lol

Mojo

Now that's some innovation Mike. Nice design. That rock is going to make some fun sculptures too.

Whose the poor sap your going to stuff in your tank? 500lbs of rock to munipulate to your standard going to take more than a day

I heard thru the grape vine I may have some help in there.
I am excited to be part of a build on this scale. You can bet your bottom dollar IT WILL TURN HEADS.

Since it will most likely happen in December it will be cold out, ill bring over my space heater and pout it in there with you. Perhaps it wont take more than one day.

Since it will most likely happen in December it will be cold out, ill bring over my space heater and pout it in there with you. Perhaps it wont take more than one day.
LOL Thanks Crazy. I am sure it will not be done in one day. It will take Mojo that long to paint the picture in my head. LOL

Adam, no coral for him until we get a current tank shot.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back