The beast is dead!! long live the Newer Beast??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That's quite the project Mike, let me know when all the heavy work is done :wave: and will come down to check it out :D

Cheers, Todd

Getting started is always the hardest part IME....you got the nasty part out of the way already, so you're doing good!

Nick

Thanks Todd you da man!! lol

Yea that was not the fun part, bones are aching. But she is all cleaned out. I am going to do some quick replumbing in the tank, clean up some wiring and so on. Then on to the aquascaping.

Mojo

Ok dragged my big butt into the tank and did a little simple plumbing...or should I say "Lego for Adults"??? lol

So on my tank I run two closed loops, each one has a motorized ball valve so it drives a 3000gph pump one way into the tank and then every couple of minutes it switches over to the other side.

0035.JPG

From their it goes into the tank. On the tank side I just built simple tree's made out of a couple of 4 ways and didnt glue it, I will attach locline to each output. The concept here is to build the locline into the rockwork so I want to be able to adjust as I go for both length and direction. Anyway here is a quick pic.

0013.JPG

0024.JPG

Mojo

Mike,
Your previous tank was L shaped. This one doesnt appear to be L shaped.

0013.JPG

I know you said a seam popped on your last tank and you had to go with a new one, but is this tank a standard rectangle? I would imagine that would make plumbing easier if nothing else.

What are the dimensions on this new tank, or did I miss that already somewhere in this thread?

Did you get the LED stuff from rapidled.com?

Nick

Oh yeah,
Are those the same MBV's you used on the original tank?

How many hours do you have on those bad boys? Did you do any maintenance on them, or have to replace anything?

Nick

Nick when I replace the busted tank I didnt go around the corner, way to expensive. This one is 8' by 3' and then 30 inches deep. On the LEDS, nope didnt use rapid, went a little more direct. lol

Mojo

Back