The Missing Fish Mystery Poll

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What is your Opinion About This Movie Star?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is a true story or, at least, it was what I was told by the LFS.

I give him my bumper crop of macro algae to start some of his customers. He and I have known each for several years. It was a day after the tare-down' event and he was still visibly upset by the matter.

...this LFS owner is an elderly oriental man who would not use any word that might be considered abusive.

Oriental? Is that the reason he was polite? Is this relevant?

Asian is now strongly preferred in place of Oriental for persons native to Asia or descended from an Asian people. The usual objection to Oriental—meaning "eastern"—is that it identifies Asian countries and peoples in terms of their location relative to Europe. However, this objection is not generally made of other Eurocentric terms such as Near and Middle Eastern. The real problem with Oriental is more likely its connotations stemming from an earlier era when Europeans viewed the regions east of the Mediterranean as exotic lands full of romance and intrigue, the home of despotic empires and inscrutable customs. At the least these associations can give Oriental a dated feel, and as a noun in contemporary contexts (as in the first Oriental to be elected from the district) it is now widely taken to be offensive. However, Oriental should not be thought of as an ethnic slur to be avoided in all situations. As with Asiatic, its use other than as an ethnonym, in phrases such as Oriental cuisine or Oriental medicine, is not usually considered objectionable.

I never got into his background. He just looked oriental. I guess he could be a Native American (if that's what they like to be called today), come to think about it. I don't think it's relevant.

Thanks for the information on Oriental.

Not to give away of the said actor/actress might be, but would the persons name who setup the tanks be Michael W. ?

If you don't answer that's fine, I think I know who said actor/actress might be. My wife watches a show where they just setup a new tank and introduced some nice looking fish including a puffer and lion. Sounds pretty similar to the fish described.

Yeah. That upsets the South Americans who say they are Americans, too. I don't find much room in the politically correct house.

If I play the game of elimination James, I'm thinking you or someone would guess the name. :)

OK, let's play the elimination game.

Lee, have you been to see any movies lately? Which ones? ;)

Well now think I might be wrong. The show was a older show from season 1.. UMMM.....
Back to the thinking tank..

I sure would like to know what movies to boycott...or just the most recent one..or even a show I shouldn't watch...

Last edited:
Soon there will be disclosures at the end of each movie..

No animals, birds, fish, insects, crustaceans, reptiles, amphibians, or any other living creature was harmed during the making of this film..There were a few human casualities but they don't count...

Back