!!!!The Offiicial Thatguy's In Wall Build!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thatguy559

ok so you all know that i have been working on this project already. im going to start from the beginning

tank is going to be a 5'x3'x2' with a 48" external coast to coast.
plasma light, coralsky led royal blue strip x2.
reeflo dart for my return split to a om4 and 1" seaswirl
80g sump with 30g refugium. (maybe a 75g refugium later)
mrc2 skimmer with a reeflo snapper as the feed pump. (adding an extension riser and another injector.)

here is the room its 11'x10' need to tile the room
_DSC0549-1.jpg

_DSC0535.jpg

_DSC0534.jpg

_DSC0529.jpg

next was cutting out the wall. this was really hard for me to do because all i could thnk about was the wall falling

_DSC0985.jpg

_DSC0984.jpg

_DSC0995.jpg

about 50% done
_DSC1039.jpg

_DSC1038.jpg

_DSC1036.jpg

im far from done i need to do the drywall still . there is going to be trim that will go around the front of the tank framing it out. i still need to run a water line to the room i figured im gonna run the waste water from the rodi unit to a brute trashcan that i will pump the water out into the washing machine.

now im just waiting for my tax return to get my tank built.:becky: 6-8weeks :frusty:

nice !!

so where is all the hardware (sump, skimmer, etc) going?? underneath or in another room

right next to it!! the picture below the %50 done writing you can see it off to the left. this a stand i built for a 150g tank that i got rid of a while ago. i never skinned this stand im reusing a lot of stuff t keep the cost down ill take pictures of that soon

Last edited:
Do you mean that you are going to pump the waste water in the drain of the washing machine?? If you pump it into the machine you will have to run the macine to empty the washer out. LOL Why not just run some of the RO tubing to the drain it is pretty cheap and easy to hide.

So far so good! Confused on the first set of pictures. You said you need to tile the room and the first picture starts with a completely tiled room then each picture after shows the room with less and less tile until you have a picture with a room with no tile. Did you mean first step was to remove the tile?? LOL!! :)

nope i needed to tile that room the way photo bucket generated the codes for all the pictures did not put them in the order i picked lol didnt noticed that the pictures were in the wrong order lol

Do you mean that you are going to pump the waste water in the drain of the washing machine?? If you pump it into the machine you will have to run the macine to empty the washer out. LOL Why not just run some of the RO tubing to the drain it is pretty cheap and easy to hide.

saves water!! run the machine with the rodi waste water

That tank is going to look awesome. Love the space set aside for everything. When ever you are ready for the electrical let me know.

Back