The Sherman Tank (Photo Scrapbook)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yes! More ammunition for getting a bigger tank! Because... we'd do ANYTHING for our little girl! :D

watching+the+tank+with+dad.jpg

Attaway Jason!!!! I wish Emily could look at the tank to help me out, but soon:p Paige is a really cute baby man...You guys did well:)

like i said in your other thread dood..... you two look way to cute and there's nothing better than a daddy and a baby spending time together :) .
so how big are you going :D ?

that picture of the mint green coral on the first page makes me think of chocolate mint chip! those are some amazing photos.keep it up! you gotta have a nice camera for that huh?

Heh, yeah. I use a Canon 20D, but a lot of the photos were also taken with an older Nikon D995 digital point-n-shoot.

i can't get any good pictures from my cheapo hp camera.it says it's 5mp but it's just about as worthless as a disposable. only good thing about it is that I can put the pictures straight on the computer

Here are a few more, since I haven't updated in a while.

Monti Wars
caps_go_to_war.jpg

A. Tenuis
tenuis_topdown.jpg

A. Hoeksemai
hoeksemai_topdown.jpg

A. Gomezi
gomezi_topdown.jpg

Teardrop T. Maxima
teardrop+mouth.jpg

why are u trying to cut down c02 is it lowering/rasing ur ph
because the coral use it to help build skeleton? just wondering

Morgan, I live in a relatively new house with crazy California building codes making it practically air tight. All in the name of efficiency, they say! It certainly counts for something. Before the tank, my electricity bill never broke $50, and we pay $.13/KwH here in CA.

However, the down side is that we, as humans, take up all the oxygen, and leave CO2 behind. Yes, the tank suffers drastically. As it's now getting cold, I haven't opened up all the windows in the house in a few weeks. I did yesterday, and the tank's pH increased DRAMATICALLY. In the last three weeks, I've gotten used to seeing a peak pH of 8.02, and all my levels are OK, and I top off with 100% kalkwasser. After opening the windows, tank pH saw 8.30. How's that for fresh air versus CO2? When we do that, my wife and I also notice just how much more energy we have, as well.

All in the name of efficiency. Stinkin' bureaucrats.

wwouu dood me liky :D !!!
now that monti with the blue tips is awesome !!! is it green? or is it a different color !!! i like it to much !!@ :lol:

I whipped up another of those animations, so I could see growth. I also started shooting in RAW mode, so the white balance is a little funky on the most recent shot. I'm still learning that one.

Here's March, May (2 months) and August (3 months later) of 2006.

growth_animation.gif

How do you do the animation? Have you discussed this on the photography thread already? Inquiring minds would like to know.:D

Okay I know what I am asking for xmas... the 100mm macro for my 20D!

Great photos!!! I hope you have printed and framed some of these.

Gabby, thanks! But... blue tipped monti? Are you referring to the blue polyps on the green monti above?

Todd, Easy GIF Animator. Pretty base level, but does all I need it to do. I had three separate photos, and loaded them into the software together to put out a new animation.

http://www.blumentals.net/egifan/

Mark, I didn't see your response, sorry. Yes, that 100mm is the secret. Sure, it takes some knowing what to do with the camera, but with equipment like that 100mm macro, you almost can't go wrong!

Gabby, thanks! But... blue tipped monti? Are you referring to the blue polyps on the green monti above?

Todd, Easy GIF Animator. Pretty base level, but does all I need it to do. I had three separate photos, and loaded them into the software together to put out a new animation.

http://www.blumentals.net/egifan/

Mark, I didn't see your response, sorry. Yes, that 100mm is the secret. Sure, it takes some knowing what to do with the camera, but with equipment like that 100mm macro, you almost can't go wrong!

Thank you sir!

Here's the last shot you'll see with the large blue A. Hoeksemai in it. That coral has made its way to another tank so I could free up some space.

fulltank_020907_002.jpg

And another growth sequence over the last 11 months, since they're so fun. It's nice to see in a short time what you've been looking at for the last year to give you a perspective on just how much things have really changed.
growth_animation_11month.gif

Back