~ TIPS ~ FYI's ~ and Such

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WOW! Thanks Rachel for all the great tips. And Rob, I'm still waiting for a couple from you (then we'd be half way to our book)

Anyone else ??? Come on now, we're Reefers we're... full-of-it!

Cheers, Todd

WOW! Thanks Rachel for all the great tips. And Rob, I'm still waiting for a couple from you (then we'd be half way to our book)

Anyone else ??? Come on now, we're Reefers we're... full-of-it!

Cheers, Todd
No love for my tips??:Cry::Cry:

No love for my tips??:Cry::Cry:

Oh Man! My apologies Dave :oops: with all that editing for BlennyBabe kinda got sidetracked.

Now if we can get some of these Old Farts... I mean ... Old Salts other than Mojo and myself to participate :boink::hippie: :fish::nerd: :boxing::hat: :razz:

Cheers, Todd

#1 - If you are running anything that depends on float switches (ATO, etc) check their operation periodically.

I found my sump had about 4 extra inches of water in it. Turns out my ATO float switch was hung up. Luckily I had a back up float switch that shut off the pump when the water reached a set high water mark.

#2 - Have a back up float switch! :)

OK, BUMP back to the top. I know that there is some more good tips and such from our talented group of members out there. And Rob were almost half way to 50 for our Book

Cheers, Todd

no locline tool? put the boy bits in the freezer for 10 minutes and microwave a cup of water with the girl bits in, push together and save some $$$

Keep some clean water filled bottles in the freezer. When you need to drop the temp in your aquarium by a few degrees drop a couple of them in your sump.

Thanks Sasquatch, I'll have to try that one out. I've heated Loc-line before to make it more pliable but, never shrunk one part and expanded the other before. Very cool tip.

Cheers, Todd

P.S. Dave, your idea is a good one also

I may try the PVC board if I can find any closer than Issaquah...sorry Jason but I really hate that drive.

when buying crabs for clean up crew be sure to get extra empty shells, the attrition rate is far less if they have spare houses

Bristle worm attack Bristol removal. First don't panic, assess the situation how big was the beast? Wash hand under cold water to close the pores on your skin. Let it dry find a tape with good stick place and Peel
. If you have frag glue bsi applie a thick layer and let dry Peel off. Tada no more Bristol

Back