Todd's 125g Build (Part 3 = DIY East-to-West Linear LED Lighting)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well... I finally got around to changing out a couple of Reds and a Cool White to UV's plus a few of the Blue Epistar LED's lenses had deteriated so replaced them with some Cree XP-G's. Still have not started my canopy but have cleaned up and put away Salmon rods & tackle for the season... so no more distractions for awhile. Corals have all grown very well under LED's and only suffering by my part in not keeping up with dosing so recently ordered a Kalkwasser Reactor which when on-line will hopefully keep up with their demands.
Still having a hell of time adjusting/figuring out white balance on my Nikon D3100 DSLR, need to get schooled on it for sure. So here is a few of the decent shots I have taken past few days.

FTS
FTS12-10-12.jpg

Left side
Leftside12-10-12.jpg

Mid tank
Midtank12-10-12.jpg

End view
Endview12-10-12.jpg

and one of my favorite lil corals A. verweyi ???
Averweyi12-8-12.jpg

Cheers, Todd

Your tank is looking great! You almost have the WB dialed in for your pics. And you definitely weren't kidding about having a few frags, I'll almost feel guilty bringing you some more corals. LOL

Thanks, yea I do think it is advantageous for the coral by spreading out the source point of light. Compared to MH they have a much broader colored tissue area in comparison. The fish have really responded well also and slowly gather under the first circuits as they ramp-up in the mornings. By 8:30 most of the 14 fish will be hanging out in the far right (East) end waiting for Breakfast. The four Tangs and Fisher Angel will hold far West until last circuit ramps down each night.

Cheers, Todd

That tank needs a trimming, not trying to drop subtle hints, but yooooouurr eeeeyeees arrrrree geeetttting extremely heavy, you find yourself trimming yoooour tank, and shipping them tooooo , Floyd.

Thanks Guys, it was a lot of fun and initial reasearch a few years back and has been very cool to see all the commercial and DIY's follow suit in mixing up the color spectrum of emmiters I used. Now other than taking advantage of my seven circuits in writing/creating some cloud simulations on my Apex Controller and finishing the canopy will just have to wait til I start another build. I did lower intensity a bit to around 50% output as was a little much for some of my corals, especially a few LPS.

Cheers, Todd

Back