Todd's 125g Build (Part 3 = DIY East-to-West Linear LED Lighting)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well.... with a little help from Dave in programming and finding out that I switched up some wires during install late last night oooops!

As AC/DC screams out LET THERE BE LIGHT !!!
DSCF0210.jpg

Just my Noonday Sun 7th circuit (10 XP-G Cool Whites and 2 XM-L Cool Whites @ 700ma)
DSCF0206.jpg

All six front to back circuits running @ 30% with drivers tuned to 700ma and no optics
DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

Looking down through fixture
DSCF0224.jpg

Now time for a serious shop cleanup, after a cold drink relax period

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
Very nice Todd.
How long will the acclimation period be?
And are we going to see a 12 hour continuous video, condensed into a 2 min video for your patented east to west light pattern?????
Remember no pics No happen. LOL

Just for you Peppie

6:15 pm circuit 1 is off and #2 is ramping down
DSCF0227.jpg

7:05 pm circuit 1,2,3,4 off #5 ramping down #6 on @ 30%
DSCF0236.jpg

7:38 pm last circuit ramping down (sorry for crappy pic, went to take another and lights went off for the night)
DSCF0241.jpg

I'll take a short vid to show the Dazzle n Glimmer tomorrow, plus I missed a few transistion pics. I have circuits 1,2,5 and 6 Ramping Up 12% - 30% then Ramping Down 30% - 12% in a 30 minute duration, looks pretty awesome

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
Great work Todd. As always your work is top notch and very clean. Cant wait to see the vid. It sound like we both need to make trips to each others houses.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the time laps photos. It will be interesting to see how your tank will react to the whole program. Over a 6mo to 12mo period.

Thanks Guys, was sure nice to wake up this morning to a fully running lighting system (Thanks again to Floyd and Dave). Very happy with the combination of LED's I chose, super crisp white with a touch of blue and reminds me of snorkeling on Kaui in the shallow reef flats. (what Krish gets to see all the time) I will try my hand at the video a little later today after some cleanup time.

Cheers, Todd

How about a shot of sunrise this morning...
DSCF0273.jpg

Pretty cool, and similar to having MH's coming on and warming up in sequence.

And now for the vid with Dazzle-n-Glimmer

hopefully this works... first vid post

Cheers, Todd

The zooming in and out sound effects....priceless....

Very nice. Tank looks awesome.

amazing simulation of the sunrise to sunset,,looking great gonna come and see it soon with my camera:clap2:,,ha ha,,,thinking about getting D4,,but so far 5-6 months waiting list.,,oh boy,,forget it

Todd,
It is very thing I imagined it would be. Thanks for the video. It looks great. Cant wait to see it up close.
Are Mods allowed to play the Tank of the Month game???? HINT, HINT!!!

Back