Tragedy Strikes Again

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sorry to hear about the dog now...When it rains, it pours! About the tank clearing up, I couldn't say, but carbon usually does a great job at clearing up water so hopefully it will be real soon. Just make sure you don't leave the same carbon in for too long before you change it. You don't want it to become exhausted and reverse all the good it has done.

I have just ordered the temperature controller by the way. Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Sounds great man...Maybe you can feel a bit more secure now. With my setup, I have the temp set where I feel most comfortable (80F) If my chiller freaks out ever, my fans can keep the tank under 83F without it. If the fans freak out, the chiller can keep the tank at 80F and if the central air freaks out, the chiller can do the job and will have help from the fans so it doesn't have to work as hard. So in any event, I'm pretty safe unless everything freaks out at once. I feel that is a good way to have things setup. You always have some sort of backup which doesn't leave your tank totally dependant on one thing. Everything will work out well Chris. Just a road block.:)

Back