Tridos 210 dream tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trido

Fish Tank Freak
Its begun. Ive decided to get an AGA 210 to build into the corner of my laundry room but first need to build an equipment house out the back door to keep all of my equipment.
My wife recently bought me a new skimmer as alot here already know. Also, I just traded my old skimmer for an AGA 150g tank that Ill use for my sump. The tank dimensions are 72"x 18"x 24"
Its only purpose will be to house the skimmer, heaters and return pump. I already have a 65G remote fuge and a 40G frag tank. Im looking for ideas on how to split it up into compartments and why.

Im considering to make 1/3 of it for the skimmer bubble catch chamber and keeping the rest as one huge 70 gallon return chamber.
What do you think?

Wooo Hooo! that is huge! Sorry I wasn't available to help with the transport. You definately need a seperate chamber for the skimmer so that you can maintain perfectly stable water level. As for other chambers, you'd want a couple baffles to cut down on micro bubbles, but other than that if you have a remote fuge I can't think of any other reasons to have any other chambers besides bubble reduction.

What about a live rock rubble chamber for additional sponge & pod reproduction?

what do you think about maybe a doing a cryptic zone with no light. You could maybe black out the sides -- may be kind of neat. Calfo I know promotes these...

Wooo Hooo! that is huge! Sorry I wasn't available to help with the transport. You definately need a seperate chamber for the skimmer so that you can maintain perfectly stable water level. As for other chambers, you'd want a couple baffles to cut down on micro bubbles, but other than that if you have a remote fuge I can't think of any other reasons to have any other chambers besides bubble reduction.

What about a live rock rubble chamber for additional sponge & pod reproduction?

what do you think about maybe a doing a cryptic zone with no light. You could maybe black out the sides -- may be kind of neat. Calfo I know promotes these...

The transport wasnt too bad really. At this size its still only a two man tank. I will definately use two baffles for the skimmer chamber. I will also need ot build a stand a foot tall for hte skimmer to sit on. I plan to run the sump at near 20" deep.That will allow for close to 40 gallons of back flush during power outages. The sump will then have 110 GPH of water during operation
I dont think I will do a LR chamber because its a possible detritous trap and Im horrible as vacuuming my sumps as it is. I was actually looking at some sponges and jurassic feather dusters in the darkend skimmer section of my garage system and thinking crytpic.

Does it need to be completely black or just real dark?
What kind of flow is recommended for a crytpic tank?
Do you think I would need to make a separate section or just leave it as part of the return chamber. I want the return chamber big so my float switch comes on less often.
How about just using egg crate rack for the cryptic zone? Or do you think baffles would be better?

Im open for any and all ideas at this point.

Back