Trido's little 29G

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trido

Fish Tank Freak
AS some know, Ive set a little tank back up. Right now its basic with an HOB filter, no ATO and some serious ghetto lighting. I have a seio 620 and Mj 1200's for circulation. The 1200s are plugged into the ACjr for a reversable gyre at 4 minutes. Seems to work pretty good.
I do have my AC Jr. and DJ power bar hooked up and the corals are growing like I'd expect in a healthy reef.
When Jans tank sells off, I'll use a 4x29 watt HO T-5 set up, remove the seio and add two Hydor K-2's. I'll eventually buy an in tank double ATO switch from ATO.com to hook into the 10 gallon RO tank thats already in the stand. I may eventually add a skimmer. but at this point there arent any fish so I'm not overly concerned about nutrient build up. I actually like the tank without fish as its one less thing to feed daily with two cats, a dog, a family and three FW tanks. There is no shortage of fish in my house.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the PSAS frag swap tomorrow since I have a tank again. It will be nice to hang out with reefer friends.

This is my little tank so far. :baby: Very little compared to the 500 gallons I took care of a year ago.
FTS
29G0003.jpg

A few of my starter corals
29G0004.jpg

29G0005.jpg

29G0006.jpg

herefishyfishy said:
Sweet! Welcome back pal, if you need any coral or clowns, LMK

I dont need anything. I always want more coral than a tank can sustain. I'm glad to be back in the game.
Nice thing about a baby tank, a bucket of IO will last almost a year instead of one month.

Krish said:
Looks good!! Very nice rockwork!

Thanks, you know how pictures are. You can never really capture the details of the nooks and crannies or the caves and bommies. This is nice LR and it made the aquascaping pretty easy. Since the tank has been running, Ive only moved on peice of rock to make the outcropping (or left horn) that the ponape birdsnest is sitting on.

saltwaterfishes said:
I like it!! How about a zoa? I can give it to you when I see you tomorrow.

Id be happy to get a coral from you. When my work picks back up this summer I'd llike ot make it to your house to buy some frags from you. BTW, have you looked at the Pay it forward forum on the PSAS site lately? Specifically, the thread titled "Aurora Yuma".
Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

good to see your back! l'm looking forward to seeing what you do in the hobby this time!!!
Gonna keep it simple, small and inexpensive. Ive promised my wife this tank won't require a $200 a month budget.

Thanks guys, I wasnt too sure if I wanted the scoly from Jans tank but now that its here and happy, I'm liking it. MY son thinks it look like a volcano. The clowns are from her tank too. AFAIK they're true onyx percs that she's had for around three years.

Update

Its been ten months and I finally got around to taking a few pics.
Here you go....
christmaspics0003.jpg

christmaspics0007.jpg

christmaspics0006.jpg

christmaspics0015.jpg

christmaspics0008.jpg

christmaspics0018.jpg

christmaspics0017.jpg

Thanks,
I never have added a skimmer but will when I set my old 65G up early this spring, or next month, ya never know. And yes, all of these corals are under a 4x24watt T-5 set up. One ATI purple plus, one Geissman aquablue plus and two Geissman actinic plus. I just replaced all the bulbs over the course of last month. First I replaced the two actinics and two weeks later replaced the other two.

I have also added two Evo 1100's and added a kalk stirrer to my ATO this month as well.

Very nice photos Duane. Looks like everything is very happy. Give me a call if you need some help setting up the 65. :D

Cheers,
Alex

Looks excellent man!!!! Can't believe there is no skimmer on this thing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back