Update: New to Tacoma, WA lookin to meet some new people

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

gfk

So some of you may remember my post from a few months back about moving to WA from California.... Well I've had a few months to settle in and here I am.

anyone on here interested in talkin reefs sometime or just grabbin a beer and watchin a game or something?

I'm 25, into basically any sports and of course reefing. Just tryin to make some new friends around my age in the area, and as a former reefer I know there are good people in the hobby.

any takers? ( i feel like i'm asking for a blind date with a guy but i swear i'm not!!!)

Wewlcome to Tacoma !!

I will pass on the beers :) But you are in the right place to talk reefs....

Where in Tacoma are you? I'm just south in Parkland.

It doesn't rain here. We occassionally get a driving mist! :lol: Too many of us in the hobby are over-the-hill gfk! :(

I know and I figured most would be older but I know there usually are 1 or 2 that aren't so hopefully they'll see it.

no offense to you old guys, i'm sure you know where i'm comin from

Hey i just moved here to, but im from CO. Trying to find good LFS. I haven't set up my tank yet. I have to start over. I have a 55 gal but am thinking of maybe going to a 90 or 120 and using my 55 as a sump. I live in Tumwater any recomandations on LFS.

Barrier Reef for sure. Also, there's a guy up in PA that is downsizing from a 120. He has live rock, clams, etc. so PM me if you want contact info.

Yes, I am the guy with the 120g. Some of you may know the tank. It belonged to Brian who worked at the shark reef. It was the tank that sat behind the counter at the clear creek nursery location. If you don't know the tank here is a little about it. It is 5' long 24" wide, and 20" deep I think, don't quote me. Brian built it, the tank is made from 3/4" thick acryllic and the back is blue. It is a closed loop system and has a 20g sump with fuge that is included. I have built a stand and hood for it that has tongue and groove cedar. I am going to include 1 400w mh light with the tank. I also have some LR and live sand that would go with it.

I have just started thinking about selling it and have alot of clams and coral to sell before I get rid of the tank. I haven't thought about a price yet. Pm me if you are interested.

Sorry mods if I am posting this in the wrong spots but what the heck shoot me, lol

I also have a 12g nano with cf lighting, about 20lbs lr 15 lbs live sand, mushrooms, leather and some zoa's I am selling. I am asking $300 for it. pm me if interested.

Sorry mods if I am posting this in the wrong spots but what the heck shoot me, lol

I also have a 12g nano with cf lighting, about 20lbs lr 15 lbs live sand, mushrooms, leather and some zoa's I am selling. I am asking $300 for it. pm me if interested.

dude, huge threadjack, start a for sale post

gfk - Might be having the guys over on Sat night for some beers(While the wife is away, the guys will play). There may be a few of those old guys that you speak of, but they are OK. I am up in Renton, i am guessing about 30 minutes or so away. I will let you know if it happens.

Im right over in Puyallup, about 10 mins away. Im only 25 but with the abuse I've put on my body I look and feel 40. Anytime you want a beer you could swing by.

LMAO!!! :lol: who wants to join the 70's club? :lol:...j/k :D.
jfk 25 is old dood, if you're ever wondering around the Everett area let me know, so we can trade oatmeals dood :lol: ..j/k .

welcome to RF :D!!

Back