Upgrade to 180 from 75 on a budget. :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

For what it's worth,
There are at least three different Koralias
The original will indeed not last on a wavemaker.
The low-voltage, which requires a controller.
The new koralia evolution which will work fine with a wavemaker, I have two of the evo 1400s running on an Apex and I am really happy with them. Great price, quiet, and really good flow.

Returnofsid just posted that he has had really good luck with rabbit fish eating hair algae. Maybe you can just plop one of those guys in your tank and you won't have to worry about killing all your rock :D

I just got a 150 hermits in and wanted to see if you had a small rock of hair algae I could borrow for them to feed on.

I have tons of hair covered algea's for them to munch on. I have hermits to and can not get them to eat any of it.

Thanks for the input NWDIVER, I have read that as well. I think that I am going to just try it out and see if it works out for me. If it does not then I am sure I will go the other route.

Im my experience. Hermit crabs don't eat HA much if at all. A seahare will do a far better job but they are prone to getting sucked up by PH's though. The seahare will make short work of the HA.

It is in, I went down and paid for it yesterday. Now all I have to do is pick it up. Let me know if you might beable to help tomorrow.

So to start off with the good news. My tank came in. Now for the bad news. It had a chip in one of the corners under the silicon. So they will be sending that back and getting another one. It is so nice to have such a good local fish store. The people are awesome and look out for the customers. It is sad though because I have pretty much everything needed to put this thing together. Except for the bulkheads. I have recieved most of my lighting (3x250w reflectors, 2x48 VHO ballast and end caps, 8 times .5w blue LED's and ballast). I also have the LED growlights that I purchased for my refugium, I have my AQUACONTROLLER and an extra dc-4. So most of the bigstuff is here, minu the tank and bulkheads. Is there anyone out there know off of the top of their head what size bulkheads. I know that the diameter of the holes on the tankare 1.5" and 1.25", I am just not sure what size bulkheads are needed. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

DSC03393.jpg

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

So my tank will be here again shortly, I have started on the frame of the stand and will post pictures here shortly. Pretty excited about this build. Find myself overthinking this and double guessing everything.

Yeah I know but it gives me a little more time for gathering essentials. And as far as essentials, I have been on the search for bulkheads. I have gone to flexpvc.com, and there is such a variety of different types that I am not sure which ones will be required for my tank. I know that I need a 1" and 3/4" bulkhead but do I go with the standard bulkhead and if so, some of them state the hole sizes required and since I do not have my tank, I find my self confused. Some say that the hole requirements are 1.75 and some say 1.3 to 1.5. Does anyone know what the sizes are for the pre drilled holes for an AGA overflow.

That just has to be killing ya, all that sweet equipment just sitting there!!
Sorry for the bad luck!
I do have some bulkheads, let me know what size you need (when you find out).
If you guys need a hand moving the tank, give me a shout and I will drive over.
If it is short notice, send an e-mail, I don't always catch all the threads here.
-Todd

It is killing me. What is killing me more is he thought of this stand that I am building will be holding around 1700 lbs. Dan I should have paid more attention in wood shop. I know it is just basic framing and as long as it is squared and correct dimensions then it will be alright. But I think that I am just second guessing myself. I can not wait to hook everything up. It is going to be fun.

Ryan, the Oceanics come with them if you pay the 65 dollars for each of them. I also thought they came with them but they do not. So I am in dire need of finding the bulkheads. I looked on FLEXPVC but not sure which ones to get because I do not have the tank with me to verify the hole diameter. I have looked it up all over google and found several different dimensions and not sure which one to go with. Again anybody out there with any information it would be really useful. Thanks in advance.

He's getting the AGA. I just saw an Oceanic at Denny's and it came with the overflow kit.

Floyd,

Are you going to get your tank drilled for a CL too or no?

When's Brian getting the replacement in?

That just has to be killing ya, all that sweet equipment just sitting there!!
Sorry for the bad luck!
I do have some bulkheads, let me know what size you need (when you find out).
If you guys need a hand moving the tank, give me a shout and I will drive over.
If it is short notice, send an e-mail, I don't always catch all the threads here.
-Todd

Hey sorry for the delayed response. I appreciate the offer though and it would be nice to get some advice. I just recently bought the bulkheads, I may be hitting you up in case they are the wrong ones. Again you are more then welcome to come and help. At this point all help is appreciated.

So as I promised a few of you a picture of my LED grow lights. Let me know what you guys think.

DSC00058.jpg

Lights off

DSC00059.jpg

Lights on

DSC00066.jpg

Lights shining on the wall 10 feet away

DSC00061.jpg

My powder brown tang under the light

DSC00065.jpg

Look at the flourescents on the frogspawn.

Back